Check system requirements without loading full SDK

It is often necessary to ensure that a user’s environment meets system requirements before attempting to load and launch a meeting. The ZoomMtg namespace contains a checkSystemRequrements() function that can determine compatibility. However, in order to access this method, it seems that the full SDK and all dependencies must be loaded as well. This results in the Zoom meeting root element (#zmmtg-root) being rendered on the screen, along with loading other styles and resources, etc. Is there a way to simply check requirements without loading the full SDK?

I’ve upgraded to 2.0.1 and have been working with the web sdk component view to see if I could find a way to test the browser with that library. Unfortunately the component view doesn’t seem to have any accessible methods to check compatibility. Anyone have other thoughts? How can I load a “lite” version of the Zoom library to check compatibility without actually initiating a meeting? Thanks.

Hey @SpeakingPartner_Teac,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Unfortunately, in order to use the checkSystemRequirements() function, you’ll want to import the ZoomMtg object. There isn’t a way to only import that function.

As a potential workaround, you can implement your own lightweight function as a pre-check prior to loading the Web SDK.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks much for the reply, @MaxM. I initially attempted to implement my own lightweight function as a pre-check, but I was not sure what requirements must be evaluated. A simple “does this browser support WebRTC” is probably not sufficient, right? Do you have thoughts on and/or can you point me in the direction of resources that can tell me what I might need to include in this check?

Hey @SpeakingPartner_Teac,

A check for WebRTC is good but I would mostly focus on the browser, the version that’s being used. Basically, you’re just looking to match that browser up with our supported features:

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.