Clarification on DELETE Webinar API call

We see that we have an option to turn off the registrant notification during DELETE call from UI in Zoom as shown below
delete webinar zoom

When we try to delete the same webinar using API endpoint

https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/{webinarId}

We don’t have any customization to turn on/off the registrant notification… Can you please let us know whether we have any other option to turn that on/off from an API Call?

Thanks,
Muthu

Hey @vm_chellappan

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

No It’s not releated to my request

Hi @vm_chellappan,

Great question—Unfortunately you can’t directly disable the cancelation notification email when using the Delete endpoint you referenced. However, you can adjust this setting using the Webinar Update endpoint:

Here is a closer look at the property in question:

You could either consider disabling this setting by default, or, for one off circumstances, you could update this setting before deleting a webinar.

I hope this information helps!

Best,
Will

2 Likes

Thanks @will.zoom. This will sort out the issue… So during delete, we have to follow a 2 step process

1. First, make an update call and reset the registrants_email_notification boolean to false
  2. Now, make the delete API call to remove the webinar…

Thanks for your help…

~Muthu

Hi @vm_chellappan,

Happy to have helped! Let us know if you run into any more questions.

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.