Delete webinar via API does not send out Webinar cancellation message

When I delete a webinar from the web portal, I get an option to “Send webinar cancellation email to panelists and registrants” with the ability to customize the subject and content.

Yesterday, when I used https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinardelete to delete a webinar, the registrants did get a Cancel Webinar Email notification (with the default message).

But today, it did not send anymore.

Did something change, or is this affected by some kind of setting?

Hey @nelson,

Can I have the webinar ID/number so I can look at the logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

try any of the 3 below

and if you are looking for the one that worked yesterday:
456 510 787

Thanks @nelson,

So 456 510 787 had one attendee. How may attendees did the other 3 have. I cannot see since those are deleted.

I think the others had two or three attendees. Could you try it out and let me know what behavior do you have?

Hey @nelson,

I was able to reproduce:

When cancelling a webinar via the Zoom Webinar Dashboard I get the cancel email notification.

When cancelling a webinar via the DELETE /webinars/{{webinarID}} I do not get the cancel email notification.

If the notification email was sending before via the api and not know that is a bug. I will pass this on to the team and post back here with updates.

Thanks,
Tommy

Posting back here, this is the intended functionality. Will mark this as a feature request: ZOOM-107635

Thanks @tommy. I can see how one could want it both ways. It should be optional behavior triggered via a parameter to the https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinardelete call

Hey @nelson,

I agree. We have this in our backlog to fix.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy,
I tried to delete one of the webinars which had 2 registrants but none of them received the cancellation email. As a host, I only received the cancellation email.
I have used this API: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinardelete

I want to follow-up on this issue where " Delete webinar via API does not send out Webinar cancellation message to the registrants". Is this working now?

One other question: So We want the ability to cancel the webinar (which could have many registrants) via API. Is there any API using which we can update the status of the webinar to “CANCEL” and it would trigger the cancellation emails to all the registrants?

Hey @arjun.bsci,

This has not been fixed yet, but I have requested upped priority.

As for your second question, the only endpoint that can do this as of current, is the Update Webinar Registrant Status endpoint which cancels users registration on a per user basis.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @arjun.bsci, @nelson,

This is currently scheduled to be fixed in our September or October release.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hello @tommy -

For the fix, will it send the cancellation email by default, or will the API allow a parameter to be passed so that we can choose to send or not.

Thank you!

Myron

Hey @mlowe,

The cancellation email setting will be configurable via the Zoom Web Portal.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @arjun.bsci, @mlowe, @nelson,

This will be fixed in a release in October. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Thanks @tommy

To confirm, what day in October will this happen?

I did not see any October dates here, https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/sections/360008531132-Zoom-Releases-By-Date

Myron

Hey @mlowe,

While I don’t have an exact date, you can keep up with our Changelog to see what’s been implemented.

Thanks!
Will

Thanks @will.zoom. And just to confirm, this fix is still happening in October right? Thanks!

Just to add some more context @will.zoom. Our team needs to get this functionality working, and so we are just double confirming that this fix is still targeted to happen in October. Thank you!

Hey @mlowe,

Our team is still targeting this in an upcoming release, and it’s likely this will be released shortly, but the timing is subject to change. As soon as we have an update, we will circle back here.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like