Clarifying the behaviour of the 'onChatMessageNotification'

Hi!

I want to clarify the behaviour of the ZoomSDKMeetingActionControllerDelegate delegate method: onChatMessageNotification

If I send the individual message with the role host or co-host ZoomSDK will call this method otherwise - it won’t call this method.

Is it correct behaviour?

Hi @anton.yereshchenko, thanks for the post.

This callback should be called whenever a chat message is successfully posted which the current user would be able to view. I am not aware of any scenarios in which the role of the user would impact the visibility of a chat message.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thank you for the answer.

I have found out that in the case when the current user is Host or co-Host onChatMessageNotification delegate’s method will be called otherwise won’t.

Steps to reproduce this:

Situation when method won’t be call.

1. Implement ZoomSDKMeetingActionControllerDelegate especially onChatMessageNotification method.
  2. Connect to the existed call as attendee.
  3. Try to send the individual message to anyone:
    meetingActionController?.sendChat(message, toUser: userId, chatType: ZoomSDKChatMessageType_To_Individual)

Result: onChatMessageNotification won’t be called.

Situation when method will be called.

1. Implement ZoomSDKMeetingActionControllerDelegate especially onChatMessageNotification method.
  2. Connect to the existed call as Host or co-Host.
  3. Try to send the individual message to anyone:
    meetingActionController?.sendChat(message, toUser: userId, chatType: ZoomSDKChatMessageType_To_Individual)

Result: onChatMessageNotification will be called.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Thanks for the detailed response. This does appear to be functioning inconsistently, so we will need to investigate this behavior.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

Thanks, and feel free to ask the questions while you will be reproducing this.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

We will be fixing this in a future release. However, due to the amount of effort being focused on M1 support in the upcoming release, it may not be included until the following release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

Yeah, absolutely, I understand that M1 support has the highest priority now. I will look forward to see those features in the change logs :grin:

Thanks!

Thank you for understanding! :blue_heart:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

A fix has been identified for this and will be included in the next release. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

@jon.zoom thank you so much! It’s a great news :tada:

1 Like

You are very welcome!