There’s a specific issue that I’ve ran into using zCLI:
Sometimes dialing some specific meetingNumbers the ZR instance gets stuck with “Connecting” status, so the only way to recover is to disconnect:
Is there a way to check which meetingNumber ZR instance is connected/connecting to? I haven’t found such information in documentation
Thanks for reaching out about this—happy to help confirm this for you. Can you provide a screenshot or snippet of what you’re entering into the terminal, as well as the specific meeting numbers causing the issue? This will help us to take a closer look.
Thank you for the reply and sorry for the duplicate topic - I figured that I didn’t submit the first one
So basically what I do is just a start meeting CLI command with 1234567890 meeting number:
zcommand dial start meetingNumber: 1234567890
For now the workaround I have within the automation functionality is disconnecting if the current call status is “connecting”, but still this isn’t too reliable.
Also, I have probably didn’t bring much attention to it in the topic itself, but is there a way to retrieve current connecting/connected meetingNumber?
Thanks for the details! I’m looking into this for you. (ZOOM-211567)
A few more details I’d like to confirm:
- What is the ZR version you’re using?
- Where are you getting the meeting number come from? Is it a scheduled meeting in your upcoming meeting list?
- Does the meeting have a password?
Let me know when you have a chance—thanks!
- The version of the application is 5.1.1697.0821
- The meeting number is rather arbitrary. The problem is there there’s no way to validate/guarantee that the numbers that will be passed in future are not eventually something similar to it, and normally for other “incorrect” meeting numbers - the connection just drops, but in this case it just freezes indefinitely, making the application rather unresponsive, unless the “hangup” command is sent.
- I have tried with and without an arbitrary passcode (123456), and it seems to lead to the same outcome…
Please let me know if this information is enough,
I’ll let you know what I find.
I heard back from our ZR CLI Engineer, and they were able to clarify the following:
First, please note that the meeting number in command "zCommand Dial Start meetingNumber: " should not be arbitrary, it should be a scheduled meeting number in your meeting list, which can be obtain by command “zCommand Bookings List”
If you want to join an arbitrary meeting, please use "zCommand Dial Join meetingNumber: "
Sometimes, if the meeting require a password, the join meeting process will gets stuck, and you will get output like this:
*e MeetingNeedsPassword needsPassword: true
*e MeetingNeedsPassword wrongAndRetry: false
You can try the latest version ZoomRoom 5.2.2 . If the problem still exists, can you please provide some logs? The log path is as below:
C:\Users\xxxx\AppData\Roaming\ZoomRooms\logs\ for windows
/Users/xxxx/Library/Logs/zoomRooms/ for mac
This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.