Cloud Recordings API does not return Recording name

Description
This Topic is also about the same issue - https://devforum.zoom.us/t/how-to-access-recording-name/41367?u=skoch
When I fetch a list of recordings from GET-api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/meetingid/recordings it gives me an array of recorded files. But the name of the recorded file is missing. When I display the list of recordings without their name on the UI, there is no way for the user to identify which is recording in the API’s result matches with what recording shown in the list on webpage zoom.us/recording/.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
GET-api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/meetingid/recordings

Additional context
The fields return in the array “recording_start” and “recording_end” are not displayed when looking at the same recording on the webpage zoom.us/recording/ . There really is no way to match recorded files response in the API to the list that shows up on webpage zoom.us/recording/

Hi @skoch,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

At the moment, our Recordings endpoints will return the name of the meeting that the recording is associated with (topic) in the main object. This will match the recording name unless you rename the recording afterward.

To capture renamed recordings, you’ll need to leverage this webhook:

While it’s a great suggestion to return the recording name in the recordings endpoint for the recorded files array specifically, this is not currently supported.

However, I can appreciate the use case, and I’d encourage you to submit a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.