Confused about how to register users for Zoom Sessions

We’ve been using https://api.zoom.us/v2/webinars/{webinarID}/registrants to register people for webinars for a long time, no problems there.

We’re looking at using Zoom Sessions for some new events but I find myself a little confused by how they work. Transform Events into Experiences with Zoom Sessions | Zoom

Are Zoom Sessions simply an enhancement of Webinars? So we could continue to register people for a Webinar using the same API call?

And if we upgraded to ‘Zoom Events (Host hybrid and virtual events in an all-in-one event management platform)’ then I understand we’d create an Event rather than a Webinar? But then how would we register users for the Event using the API?

Would we need to use the Events API? Zoom Events API

I don’t see a way to register users via the Events API for these Events though?

Cany anyone please explain how each of the Webinars/Sessions/Events options work with regard to using the API to manage registrants? I’d really appreciate it :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Hi @ralphcapper
Thanks for reaching out to us!
I am currently looking into this!!! Hopefully I will have some information to share with you shortly!
I do not have a Zoom Events license to test this on my end and get you an answer right now but I am looking into it!
Cheers,
Elisa

1 Like

Hi Elisa,

Did you have any luck with this?

Thanks,
Ralph

Hi @ralphcapper
sorry for the late reply here! I have not but let me re-engage with the team and will get back to you

Hi @ralphcapper
I have an update for you.
Zoom sessions do not behave as meetings or webinars, so you would need to use the Create Ticket endpoint to register users.

Hi Elisa,

I’ve been informed by our tech contact that we can continue to use Webinars, and the webinars API and use some features of Sessions (but not all) in webinars, which is fine for our needs.

Ralph

1 Like

Good to hear @ralphcapper
Let us know if you need anything else!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.