Crash while I move the user from one breakout rooms to another

Hi!

Problem: I have gotten the crash while using ZoomSDK demo project.

There is some easy flow to reproduce the crash using ZoomSDK demo project:

Preparing: Start the meeting with a breakout rooms support.

ZoomSDK Demo project side:

1. Start the example demo app
  2. Enter a domain and check “Custom UI”, click Connect
  3. Enter a jwt, click Auth
  4. Switch to “Join Only” tab
  5. Enter the Info and join
  6. Go to Zoom application side.

Zoom application side:

1. Open Breakout Rooms dialog
  2. Create several rooms
  3. Open All Rooms
  4. Assign the user to first one room
  5. Move the user to second one room

After 5 step I always get something like: Thread 1: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (code=1, address=0x0)

Hi @anton.yereshchenko, thanks for bringing this to our attention.

I have been able to reproduce this successfully. We will investigate this crash and identify a solution in the future.

Thanks!

1 Like

@jon.zoom Thank you!

You are very welcome, thank you for continuing to bring things like this up to us! :blue_heart:

Hi, @jon.zoom!

We have updated ZoomSDK up to v5.5.12509.0330 version.

Fixed an issue where the app crashed when switching attendees between breakout rooms

But this exception is still appears for custom UI flow.
I just have repeated the steps that I have provided above.

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

I am also able to reproduce this in the sample app. Apologies for the inconvenience, we will look into why this is still happening after including the fix in the release.

Thanks!

@jon.zoom Hi!

Is any new information about it? Because it’s a pretty critical case. I mean there isn’t even any workaround, because there isn’t a way to handle or maybe prevent this exception on our side.

But as I mentioned before default UI flow doesn’t have this issues, so I hope it will be easy to fix it on custom UI flow side. :crossed_fingers:

Thanks!

Hey @anton.yereshchenko,

No news quite yet. Hope to provide some soon.

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @jon.zoom and @Michael_Condon,

Is there some news regarding this fix?

Thank you for any information!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

We actually just released a hotfix version of the SDK that should address this. We will be publishing the release notes shortly, but you can already download the new version through the Marketplace. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

1 Like

@jon.zoom it’s awesome! Thank you so much!

We have tested 5.5.12511.0420 version and it works now as expected :rocket:

But we have noticed that there aren’t any callbacks to handle the case when an admin want to move a user back to the main session. Screenshot 2021-04-29 at 14.55.20

Or maybe I missed something?

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

We’re glad to hear we got it right this time!

When you move a user between breakout rooms or from a breakout room to the main meeting, the sequence of callbacks should be the same. No matter which of these scenarios you encounter, at its core the action taking is moving a user from one meeting instance to another.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom ,

yeah, you are absolutely right there is some sequence of callbacks when I try to move the user to the breakout rooms.
but I’m not receiving any callbacks after click on “Main Session” button.

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Are you receiving absolutely no callbacks when rejoining the main meeting? Not even onHasAttendeePermission?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom!

Yes, you are absolutely right, I’m not receiving any callbacks when the admin is clicking on “Main Session” button.
I have put logs into all callbacks of ZoomSDKNewBreakoutRoomControllerDelegate and it’s silent in this case.

Thanks!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Thanks for confirming. We’ll need to investigate this and get back to you with any updates.

Thanks!

1 Like

@jon.zoom Hi, ok, thank you!

You are very welcome!

@jon.zoom , Hi
The Breakout room crash has not been repeated yet in the new build. Thank you!

But there is a feature request for cancelation flow. I mean we isn’t received any callback in the case when we try ‘leave’ or ignore joining (after onHasAttendeePermission callback receiving).
It would be good in the case when the app should inform the user about the room switching and get his confirmation.
Because in Zoom app (web, desktop) there is an alert that inform the user every time about the room switching.

Thank you!

Hi @anton.yereshchenko,

Glad to hear it! Regarding the feature request, we are still looking into this and do not yet have any updates. Thank you for your patience as we continue looking into this feature request.

Thanks!