Create a meeting link from messaging

Hello Zomm community

Description
I would like to add to my existing application that already includes messaging the choice to create a meeting link by the user and send it to the other user.For now I have added authentication with zoom once the user clicks on the camera icon and choose zoom as provider but I want the return to be on my modal and not on the whole page (like linkedin if you can verify). after returning the credential of the logged in user, we need to update the model and display a form where the user fills in the meeting information and then send the link to the other user.

Error
after authentication with zoom send the credentiels to a model and don’t update the entire page
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
For now i have created a OAuth authentication but I’m not sure if i am in the correct path

Which Endpoint/s?
Knowing the API endpoint/s can help us to identify your issue faster. Please link the ones you need help/have a question with.

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL / Headers (without credentials) / Body
  2. See error

Screenshots (If applicable)
If applicable, add screenshots to help explain your problem.

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

Hi @fatim.skillsay,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

To clarify, will the users who you’re creating meetings on behalf of belong to your Zoom account, or would they be using their own Zoom accounts?

If they’re using their own Zoom accounts, OAuth would be the correct app type to use. The users would need to authorize your OAuth App and then you would be able to retrieve an access_token which you could use to make requests to our Create Meeting API, on their behalf.

More details on this flow here:

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

1 Like

thanks for your replay,
that’s exactly what i did the only problem that I still have for now is how to send my oauth access_token to the messaging page without refreshing the page as the user need to stay in the same conversation that he requested the meeting from. I have tried to follow linkedin process they exactly did add the oauth api but then they refreshed the modal in messaging page without refreshing all the page and still don’t know how to do it. thanks in advance and have a great day.

Hey @fatim.skillsay,

Thanks for the update. You’ll want to make the API calls from the backend of your application to avoid CORS errors so I think the best option from here is to have an API Wrapper in your backend. This would use the access_token and call the Zoom API as needed.

Let me know if that would work.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.