Create customized JOIN link for user with user data (first/last/email) in it

Description
Not sure this is the right forum, but we have zoom in web app with WebSdk but some users want to use a desktop client because of some additional features. We have custom user authentication and we want to provide to users option to have a clickable JOIN link which will open desktop zoom client and pass the user info from the web, and force that user info over default user in the client (if a user is logged in in client with different email). Is this possible?

Hey @akrosoft,

Good question! As it turns out, you can set up registration to accomplish this. If you’re interested in learning more about how this can be done see here.

Once, you’ve set up registration, you can call our List Meeting Registrants API. Within the response body, there will be a unique join URL for each registrant with their user data. You can find more information on that here.

Thanks,
Max

@MaxM Thanks for the answer, but we want the majority of users to attend through web interface and WebSDK and on the same page to provide the customized link if someone wants to use desktop client because of the resolution etc. As I know, If we enable registration for the webinar, then we can’t use WebSDK?

Hey @akrosoft,

Thank you for the update. Good question! To clarify, if you enable registration for a webinar, you can use the Web SDK but you will need to provide the URL where you are hosting it for users to join rather than using the join_url provided directly by the Registration API.

I hope that helps! Let me know if that answers your question.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.