Create meeting POST does not respect template_id

I would be grateful for some help with the API. I am making some test calls in the Insomnia REST client. Everything I’ve tried works well except for this one issue.

Description
I am able to make API calls and have been making a request to POST /users/{userId}/meetings successfully. However, when I add the template_id as per the docs, a new meeting is created, but without the settings of the template. This works correctly through the web interface, however. I am specifying the template_id in the JSON object in the request body as per my understanding of the docs found at: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate

Error
No error is returned, but the created meeting is not based on the specified template ID.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a template in the Zoom web console.

2. Note the template ID (available in the page source, or by requesting GET /users/{userId}/meeting_templates)

3. Form a request to POST /users/{userId}/meetings with the below body and bearer authentication with a valid JWT. Replace H2ImFs4cQf-7CswZYwXkpw with the valid template_id found in step 2.

{
      "topic": "4iforum: Test Meeting 5 from Template",
      "type": "2",
      "start_time": "2021-07-28T14:00:00",
      "timezone": "Europe/London",
      "duration": "120",
      "password": "123456",
      "template_id": "H2ImFs4cQf-7CswZYwXkpw"
    }

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context
I am able to make other calls, including to create new meetings with no problems at all. It’s just that the template_id is not used. If I deliberately make the template_id invalid, the request hangs, suggesting that it is being checked during the request processing.

Many thanks.

Hey @4iforum,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Please send an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread. In that email, please include the meeting ID of a meeting that was created using that template ID.

I’ll be sure to investigate the issue further with that information.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.