Create Meeting call does not respect template_id

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Including a template_id when creating a meeting using the endpoint at /users/{userId}/meetings does not seem to do anything. The meeting is created, but no settings from the template are used.

Likely the same problem as in Create meeting POST does not respect template_id

Error
No error message, the meeting is created

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST /users/{userId}/meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Post to users/{userId}/meetings with a template_id, Iz6LvJyaSDqPwsvNI_2vBA as an example. The created meeting does not seem to respect any settings from the template and does not include the poll from the template.
1 Like

Hi @per.merkland,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and happy to help.

First, I should note that the List Meeting Templates API can return templates that are set at both the User level and the Admin level. However, the template_id feature of the Create a Meeting API only supports the use of Admin level templates. Further, Admin level templates are not enabled by default, which may be why you’re seeing this issue.

Can you confirm if the template you’re applying is being set at the user or admin level?

Thanks!
Will

You are correct, the template I was applying was set at the user level.
Are there any plans to allow user level templates to be applied while creating a meeting?
I was looking for a way to manually apply the template, by fetching it before I create a meeting and then copying all the settings. Am I correct in that this is not possible since there is no way to fetch the details of a meeting template or am I missing an endpoint?

Hi @per.merkland,

While I do believe this is being explored as an enhancement currently, I don’t have an exact timeline for when user level templates might be available to be applied via API. But it’s a great suggestion.

If you’d like to see this in a future release, I might also encourage you to submit a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.