Create Meeting with duration

Iam trying to create meeting using POST /users/{userId}/meetings
with duration parameter.

as written in documentation “Meeting duration (minutes). Used for scheduled meetings only”
so i set up the type parameter with 2.

here is my full parameter when create meeting :
{
“userId”: “my_user_id”,
“topic”: “DNA Zoom Meeting”,
“type”: 2,
“start_time”: “2020-12-17T08:50:00”,
“duration”: 2,
“schedule_for”: “my_email”,
“timezone”: “Asia/Jakarta”,
“password”: “123”,
“agenda”: “DNA Zoom Meeting For Testing”,
“settings”: {
“host_video”: true,
“participant_video”: true,
“cn_meeting”: false,
“in_meeting”: false,
“waiting_room”: false,
“join_before_host”: true,
“mute_upon_entry”: true,
“watermark”: false,
“use_pmi”: false,
“approval_type”: 1,
“registration_type”: 2,
“audio”: “both”,
“auto_recording”: “none”,
“registrants_email_notification”: true
}
}

the response is success but when i am in the zoom meeting there is no countdown and the meeting still running even after 2 minutes pass.

is there any missing parameter that i need to setup for create duration meeting in zoom with API ?

Hi @mohanifahns,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and good question.

To clarify, the duration field is intended to reflect the scheduled duration of the meeting—however, the meeting will not automatically end after 2 minutes have passed, and this is expected behavior.

If you wish to end meetings programmatically after a certain amount of time, you might consider using our Update Meeting Status to update the meeting to “ended”:

I hope this helps!

Best,
Will

if i am using update meeting status to update the meeting to “ended” there is no countdown in app and the alert message tell the meeting ended by someone else right ?

is there any chance api can create meeting that have countdown and automatic ended like iam using free zoom apps 45 minutes.

Hi @mohanifahns,

if i am using update meeting status to update the meeting to “ended” there is no countdown in app and the alert message tell the meeting ended by someone else right ?

That’s correct—the meeting will end without a warning (though this is a good suggestion).

is there any chance api can create meeting that have countdown and automatic ended like iam using free zoom apps 45 minutes.

This is a good suggestion, though it’s not something we currently support. However, I can certainly appreciate your use case, and would encourage you to submit this as a feature request here: Feature Requests

Thanks,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.