Meeting duration created by create meeting api

Hello ,
I have few questions related zoom create meeting api as follows ,

• How many users can join a meeting created by api ?

• What will be duration of meeting will it be the duration I specified in request of API or something else for free tier.
    I have came across https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate this. It says " The expiration time for the start_url field is two hours for all regular users " . Does it means meeting time will be 2 hours and after that meeting will end ? Please can you make me understand this.

Thanks you

Hey @akshay.salekar

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

@DeveloperBot I think this is not what i am looking for

Hi @akshay.salekar ,

Good questions—happy to clarify.

How many users can join a meeting created by api ?

This will depend on the license/plan associated with the host of the meeting which you created via API. You can view the allotted participants per plan here: Plans & Pricing for Zoom One | Zoom

What will be duration of meeting will it be the duration I specified in request of API or something else for free tier.

The scheduled duration will be specified in your API request as the duration field, however meetings will not automatically start/end at the given start/end times or duration. These are for scheduling purposes, but the actual timing will depend on when the host starts/ends the meeting.

I have came across https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate this. It says " The expiration time for the start_url field is two hours for all regular users " . Does it means meeting time will be 2 hours and after that meeting will end ? Please can you make me understand this.

This 2 hour period refers specifically to the validity of the start_url used to start the meeting, not the meeting itself.

Let me know if this helps to clarify.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

hi @will.zoom ,
Thank you for your response.
Related to start_url , does it mean when meeting is created then after that the start_url will be expire after two hours ?
Thank you

Hi @akshay.salekar ,

Related to start_url , does it mean when meeting is created then after that the start_url will be expire after two hours ?
That’s correct.

After 2 hours since the meeting was created, to retrieve a refreshed start_url, you can call the GET Meeting endpoint.

Let me know if this helps,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.