Help needed creating multiple meetings with my account

Hello! I did a lot of research before posting, sorry if this is (may be) duplicated question, but I just can’t solve my issue nor I can find a similar case.

We have an online platform where we can host Zoom meetings. Meeting is created server side using Oatuh and the following parameters (see code #1). After zoom id is created, client side is connected with web hook and using JTW credentials. It works great (after so many hours).

The problem came when I tried to host two meetings at the same time. Now I understand I cannot host two meetings at the same time with the same account. So, workarounds I’ve tried:

Inside my paid account, I added a secondary zoom user. Successfully added one, but, secondary account is not a paid one, so I cannot give scheduling privileges.

I can install my Oauth app, so everyone willing to host a zoom meeting inside our platform, he or she must sign in with his or her personlal account, authorize our App so we can get his oauth token and then I can make a meeting for any user. As far as I know, that’s a good option, but the problem is now I need to create manually JWT credentials for every user. I dont’t think my users will be able to create these JWT credentials in Zoom Marketplace as I did. Maybe I can create JWT credentials with my Oauth token?

Is there any better option for this? The only thing we need is to create zoom meetings inside out web site, and there can be more than one at the same time, each one with different people and different hosts. It would be great to control this with only one account. And telling our users to create a JWT token so they can join a zoom meeting within our site is not an option.

Sorry this is too long, but I have spent so many hours deveolping this site and I really need help.

PD. I am not sure if it is safe to write down my zoom email user (premmium), but please tell me if it is needed, as it is different from the account I am posting this.

code # 1:
$raw = ‘{
“topic”: "’ . $roomName . ‘",
“type”: “1”,
“password”: "’ . $roomPwd . ‘",
“agenda”: “Eucalyptus agenda”,
“schedule_for”: “”,
“settings”: {
“host_video”: “true”,
“participant_video”: “true”,
“cn_meeting”: “false”,
“in_meeting”: “false”,
“join_before_host”: “true”,
“mute_upon_entry”: “true”,
“watermark”: “false”,
“use_pmi”: “false”,
“waiting_room”: “false”,
“approval_type”: “1”,
“registration_type”: “1”,
“audio”: “both”,
“auto_recording”: “none”,
“enforce_login”: “false”,
“alternative_hosts”: “”,
“registrants_email_notification”: “false”
}
}’;

Hey @neojav123,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I really appreciate the detailed information!

As far as I know, that’s a good option, but the problem is now I need to create manually JWT credentials for every user. I dont’t think my users will be able to create these JWT credentials in Zoom Marketplace as I did. Maybe I can create JWT credentials with my Oauth token?

Are you able to provide more information on why you need JWT credentials from the users? You’re thinking is correct in that it is not recommended to have users provide their own JWT credentials due to security concerns as well as from a UX standpoint.

In most cases, you should be able to use a user-level OAuth app in order to create meetings on behalf of another user. If you need to make account-level changes, you can make an account-level OAuth app. There are definitely instances where you may need both a JWT app to manage the accounts via a server and an OAuth app to authorize users outside of your account.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Max

Hello Max!

Thanks for yor response. I am not sure I did the best practice, and I will detail again what I’ve made.

First
I have some server side php programming. It uses Oauth token to create meetings on users’s behalf. I have no problems with it, as I have completed the Oauth flow: first, we use the Oauth App link, it redirects to Zoom where ir prompts the user to give acount’s acces, and the App redirects to our site with the code. FInally, we use the code to get the token. It works great. As a final step, using the token we create a meeting.

Second
Inside our website, we have an embedded Zoom in an iframe using that ZoomMtg (or web sdk) javascript libraries. Once the First step creates the zoom meeting, the front end gets the meeting ID and attempts to join. The process to join the embeded zoom meeting requires and APIKEY and a Secret (and thus getting a signature), values provided in the marketplace, by adding a new JWT app.

So my question should be, how to get these JWT APIKEY and Secret using the Oauth token so we can automatically join users to the embedded zoom?

The users we intend to automatically add to the meeting are people inside the company. They will give us the APIKEY and Secret if needed. I just want to skip the need to asking them to create those credentials manually in the zoom marketplace, but insetad getting them using the Oauth method.

I feel a little frustrated because it is hard for me to explain, but I make my best effort detailing this. I am also attaching an image.

Hey @neojav123,

Thank you for providing a detailed explanation, I have a good idea of the issue now. I

f you’re looking to have users under your account join your meeting through the Web SDK, you can change the meetingConfig that you use when calling ZoomMtg.join() so that it is using the relevant username, email and password for the meeting.

We have an example of this in our Sample Web App that shows how the user can enter their own details on the web page that are used to join the meeting as that user.

All of this would be done with the one JWT app credentials that you are already using without the need to request separate credentials from that user.

On that same note, as JWT credentials are set at the account-level, users on your account wouldn’t be able to obtain separate credentials if they created a JWT app and they would also need Admin permission to be able to retrieve them.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hello Max!!!

Sorry dude I lasted se long to reply. Well you were right. I could do it with JWT. No need to create oauth applications :slight_smile:

It works like a charm. ANy problem I will contact you again.

Have a nice day!

Glad we could help, @neojav123! :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.