Creating A Zoom Meeting Timer - Which App Type Should We Use?

Description
A friend and I want to create A Zoom Meeting Timer - Which App Type Should We Use? - OAuth?

Error
Not sure which app type to use.

Which App?
Not built yet. Will be a user-managed timer for zoom meetings.

Hey @m.mccall88,

Can you describe more about your app and how you want it to look / work? :slight_smile:

Once I know more about your goal I can recommend something more specific.

Thanks,
Tommy

Sure! Thank you for responding so quickly.
We’d like to make an app that provides a simple interface for a user to set hours and minutes on a countdown timer during a zoom meeting. Once the countdown is set and started, a small clock overlay that displays the countdown timer would appear reside in the corner of the meeting window. Let me know if this makes sense, thanks!

Hey @m.mccall88,

Thank you for providing those details! :slight_smile:

You could do this with some custom coding, and overlay the timer on our Client SDKs.

Or, better yet, you could create a Zoom App where this would show in the existing Zoom App.

Let me know if that helps!

-Tommy

Thank you Tommy!
If the timer was going to be created using a Zoom App, which type of app should we use? (out of the following):
-JWT
-OAuth
-Chatbot
-SDK
-Webhook Only

I’m guessing we should use the SDK type of app?

Hey @m.mccall88,

Currently Zoom Apps, (Apps that are inside of the Zoom Client Application) are not generally available yet.

That being said, you can request developer access by filling out these forms:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,
We completed both the forms and submitted them.

We already have a prototype Timer built with JavaScript, we’d just like to work on getting it integrated into zoom meetings as an overlay once that option is available. Is there any word on a timeline for when that may be?

Thanks!

Hey @m.mccall88,

Thanks for submitting the forms! Once documentation becomes publicly available, we will notify you.

In the meantime, you can try adding your Timer to the Web Client SDK. You can use JavaScript to over lay it.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, will get to work on it!

1 Like

Hi everyone,
BlueSkyApps has created a meeting timer and is now located in the Zoom Marketplace. Try searching for Meeting Timer, Agenda Timer & Clock Countdown in the Marketplace. Great tool and is being improved daily!

1 Like

Happy to help @m.mccall88! :slight_smile:

Please let us know if you have any other questions!

@JWillis-NASEM, thanks for sharing!

-Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.