Creating a Zoom Meeting Via an API that Will Show Up in The Canvas LTI Pro App

Hey @tommy,
Is there a chance it will be over by the end of the week?
We just depend on it for a big development we are doing these days ahead of the upcoming academic year at the university.

thanks,
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

Thanks for letting us know. We will provide an update as soon as possible.

-Tommy

Hey @tommy,
any news? :slight_smile:

thanks,
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

Not yet. Apologies for the long wait. I will let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,
Is there anyone senior on the development team I can talk to?
This feature is very urgent and important to our university.

thanks,
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

We are nearing completion for the documentation and should have an update for you very soon. :slight_smile:

CC @TimZoom

Thanks,
Tommy

@zuriely, weā€™ll have docs out by next week. Tommy will update you when they are live! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience!

Hey @tommy,
This week it will be released? :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

thanks!
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

Yes, we will be releasing the docs this week. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @AVJeff, @zuriely, @adrian.san, @jroorda,

The bulk meeting import via CSV docs have been published:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy ,@TimZoom
This feature(import via CSV) is not newā€¦It has been released in last February 2020.
I hope it is not related to our request regarding the new feature :slight_smile:
Our request was about API not using a CSV fileā€“> like the topic:
ā€œCreating a Zoom Meeting Via an API that Will Show Up in The Moodle/Canvas LTI Pro Appā€

thanks,
Jacob.

Hey @tommy,
Can you please comment on my Reply :slight_smile:.
Is what you wrote related to the new feature that will be released this week?

thanks!
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

This was released in August. Here is the flow that you can use to import meetings while using the API:

1. School creates meetings for their courses with the Zoom Create Meeting REST API
  2. The school would programmatically create a CSV file that had the following information for each row:
    Meeting ID, Context ID, Domain (The domain of your LMS)
  3. School would upload this Bulk Import Meeting CSV file to their LTI Pro configuration page
  4. Zoom software does a Bulk Import of each meeting to get these meetings into the proper course

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hey @tommy,
Thank you for your answer.
We have thousands of meetings per day (Over 2500 courses per semester)
We canā€™t import it manually every dayā€¦(step 3)

Why we canā€™t just put the course number via the create meeting api
Please add a new field for the lms courseidā€¦in the api.
It will be a good solution for a lot of schools!!!

Thanks
Jacob

1 Like

Hey @tommy,@TimZoom
Can I import meetings via CSV to the LTI Pro by an API call and not manually?

thanks,
Jacob.

Hi, I think @zuriely is correctly asking here, because if I understood @tommy, we will have to manually go to the LTI Pro Configuration page, go to Import Meeting and manually click on ā€œImport CSVā€ in order to make the meetings show up in the LTI Pro integration. That is not programmatically, is literally a manual step.
This issue is clearly for ā€œcreate meetings programmatically that show in the LTI Proā€, that is, calling an API with certain parameters to enable the Zoom meetings to show in the LTI Pro integration.

Unless there is a way to call this ā€œImport CSVā€ button that I am missing, I donā€™t see how is this going to be programmatically.

Hi @adrian.san,@tommy
This is exactly what I meant and I was sure this is what I will get from Zoom.
Automated programming solution and certainly not a manual solution.
:pensive: :pensive: :pensive:

@tommy,
Another simple solution is to add a new setting in the Lti Pro that will allow to view all the meetings that the user has created. Also those created outside the Lms.

thanks,
Zuriely

Maybe Iā€™m missing something here, but shouldnā€™t it be easy to tell us what Tracking Fields is using the LTI Pro App, so we can create the Meetings with the regular Zoom API with the proper tracking fields to show up in the LMS (Moodle/Canvas/etc through the LTI Pro embedded iframe).

Hey @adrian.san, @zuriely,

Here is some info about the LTI Pro tracking fields:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @adrian.san,
In my opinion it will not work this way because the the Lti pro manages a separate database.
The Lti is currently only familiar with meetings created manually in the course(LMS) by the lecturer.
Thatā€™s why @tommy suggested the import process. The problem is that it is a manual process, as we have already written ā€¦

The Tracking Fields are for the reverse process -> to identify meetings created through the Lti pro.

Hey @tommy,
If you are not familiar with how the LTI is handled , can you help us connect with someone who may know the answer? Ideally someone technical from the LTI Pro team and the Meeting API team.
The academic year in Israel starts at 18.10 and we must solve it.

thanks,
Jacob.