custCreate user meeting id, start url so no prompt to login?

Hi,
I am creating a user
action: custCreate,
user_info: {
email: someuser@ourdomain,
type: 1,
first_name: Demo2,
last_name: Person
}

and the creating a meeting
topic: The demo2 for 2.30,
type: 2,
duration: 60,
start_time: 2020-01-20T22:00:00Z,
password: blahpass
agenda: This is the another demo,
settings: {
host_video: false,
participant_video: false,
join_before_host: false,
mute_upon_entry: true,
use_pmi: false,
approval_type: 2
}
I get a join_url and a start_url

I would like anyone to be able to host the meeting if they have the start_url, it should pass the credentials and log in as the custom created ‘user’.

How do I do this? I don’t know which users will be hosting at the time the meeting is created.

Right now if I go to the start_url it prompts me to login with an account.

• Users created via this option do not have passwords and will not have the ability to log into the Zoom Web Portal or the Zoom Client. These users can still host and join meetings using the start url.

Hey @gregc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. You can use the custCreate user to create the meeting, as you’ve done, but you’ll also want to make sure that the settings.meeting_authentication field is set to false in order for any user to join.

In this way, they won’t be joining the meeting with the custCreate user credentials and instead will be joining as a guest. This is because custCreate users are meant for API access only and don’t have a username or password like a typical user would.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.