Custom UI no longer available

Description
Up until the latest SDK we could use Custom UI, but it is no longer reported as supported and setting enableCustomMeeting has no effect. We have verified with the sample project as well.

This is extremely urgent for us as we have been waiting over 2 months for this SDK release to fix minimum version issues for our clients and now custom UI does not work and we can not release a fix.

Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Print the result of MobileRTC.shared().isSupportedCustomizeMeetingUI() (returns false)
  2. Try to set MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingSettings()?.enableCustomMeeting = true (has no effect)

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

1 Like

We also have the same issue in our application, which is made from objective-c.
It works well with v5.5.12511.0421 but not v5.7.1.

I found the method [[MobileRTC shareRTC] isSupportedCustomizeMeetingUI] always return NO. In the past Zoom Client SDK, it returns YES after [service sdkAuth] method has done.

1 Like

Looks like there is a similar, but different, issue with custom UI on Android as well. Can't join meeting with cutomized UI in v5.7.1.1266

1 Like

The same happen with the Windows SDK, API Version v5.7.1. The call to ICustomizedUIMgr::HasLicense will return SDKERR_NO_PERMISSION. The demo sample is not working anymore, because of this returned error code. With the version 5.5.x it has returned SDKERR_SUCCESS and the sample was working. Is this a bug, or how to get the permission to use the custom UI interface?

1 Like

Hey @jeremy.provost,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

The Custom Meeting UI is indeed still supported. This is troubling to hear that this is not working for you all. I am going to investigate right now. Stay tuned.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hey @jeremy.provost, @Weisheit, @IDevDev,

We have identified the root cause of this issue and will release a hotfix for it soon. Thank you all for bringing this to our attention.

Thanks!
Michael

3 Likes

I see that the iOS SDK has been updated and appears to fix this issue. I downloaded the latest version: 5.7.1.644. Thanks for the quick turnaround.

1 Like

Hey @jeremy.provost,

Awesome! I am happy to hear. @Weisheit @IDevDev Please update when you get a chance and let me know if you run into any issues.

Thanks!
Michael

I see that the issue is fixed by the version 5.7.1.644.
Thank you.

1 Like

I can confirm that the bug is fixed for the Windows SDK version too.
Thank you!

1 Like

I have another question. In your sample code, the following method is called with an invalid IVideoRenderElement pointer:

File: custom_ui_mgr.cpp line 95

Original code:

void CCustomizeInMeetingUIMgr::onRenderDataTypeChanged(ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IVideoRenderElement* pElement, ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::VideoRenderDataType dataType)
{
}

My code for testing:

Void CustomizeInMeetingUIMgr::onRenderDataTypeChanged(ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::IVideoRenderElement* pElement, ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::VideoRenderDataType dataType)
{
   ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE::VideoRenderElementType eType;
   eType = pElement->GetType();
}

Must be the IVideoRenderElement* ignored If the datatype is VideoRenderData_None? Because it’s unintialized! If so, I would expect a nullptr for the pElement;

Hey @Weisheit,

Can you open up a new topic in the Windows section of the Meeting SDK and I can discuss with you over there?

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.