This is a very bizarre issue that we can rarely reproduce but have encountered a few times. Basically, our application sets the needCustomizedUI param to YES when initializing the Zoom SDK so that we are always using the custom UI feature. However, very rarely we’ve seen that after launching a meeting, our customized UI does not include any videos we’ve created, and we actually see a “Zoom Meeting” window appear with Zoom’s own native meeting UI - as if we we were not using the needsCustomizedUI feature. It seems like the SDK initialization that sets custom UI to true is somehow failing and the Zoom SDK believes it should be spawning it’s own native meeting UI. Since this is a rare occurrence, not sure how to reliably reproduce, but we do have the zoom logs and hope that they can provide some clue as to what might be going wrong.
Here is a link to the logs: zoom-meeting-ui.zip - Google Drive
In the logs above, this issue was encountered on Wednesday 4/28 11:45AM EST after the following sequence of events:
- app was launched around 11:04AM EST
- A meeting was launched at 11:04AM EST and in this meeting our own customized UI worked as expected without any native zoom meeting UI window appearing
- Meeting ended around 11:46AM EST and another meeting was started at 11:46AM EST
- In this meeting we encountered the issue described above
Which macOS Client SDK version?
We’ve encountered this on multiple versions of the SDK but the latest version we’ve encountered on is v5.4.54802.0124
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Note this does not reproduce reliably but the summary of the problem is:
- Initialize the SDK with needCustomizedUI parameter set to YES so that zoom native meeting UI never is created
- Launch a meeting
- Zoom native meeting UI window is created in addition to our own customized meeting window
In this screenshot you can see the Zoom Meeting window that is unexpectedly created after launching a customized UI meeting
Device (please complete the following information):
- Device: macOS intel
- OS: macOS big sur
Thanks in advance and let me know if there’s any other information I can provide to help us troubleshoot!