Customization for Mobile View and Default Audio Mode Selection in Zoom SDK

Hello, I am currently using the window.ZoomMtg interface for integration within my application. Could you please provide guidance or suggest any available methods to achieve these customizations within the Zoom SDK?

1. Mobile View Chat Option Placement: Currently, when viewing a Zoom meeting on a mobile device, the chat option is only accessible within the “More” settings menu. However, for improved accessibility and user experience, I want to display the chat option directly in the foot-tab menu during mobile view , is there any way to achieve this.
  2. Default Audio Mode Selection: Upon joining a Zoom meeting, there is a pop-up to select the audio mode. However, for my application’s workflow, I require a default audio mode to be selected automatically without prompting the user. how i can achieve this desired outcome.

Hi, @thakurabc777 ,

Happy to help here. To begin, can you please share the following details :

Description

Which Meeting SDK Platform?

Which Meeting SDK version?

Exact Steps To reproduce

IDE (Integrated Development Environment) Console stack trace logs

Device Crash logs

Once this information is provided, we will be able to provide more personalized support for the behavior you are seeing.

Hello, @donte.zoom

Thank you for your response and willingness to assist. Below are the details regarding the customization for the Zoom Web SDK integration:

I have integrated the Zoom Web SDK into my react web project via CDN. Specifically, I am using Meeting SDK version 2.18.2, sourced from ‘https://source.zoom.us/zoom-meeting-2.18.2.min.js’. The integration involves injecting scripts using Higher Order Components (HOC) into a specific route within my web application. Upon initializing the Zoom meeting using window.ZoomMtg.init and window.ZoomMtg.join, I encountered the following customization requirements:

1. Default Audio Mode Selection: When accessing Zoom meetings via the mobile version, users are prompted to choose their audio join option, such as Wi-Fi or cellular data. However, for my application’s workflow, I require a default audio mode to be selected automatically without user intervention. I am seeking guidance on how to achieve this customization.

1. Mobile View Chat Option Placement: Currently, in the mobile view, the chat option is located within the “More” settings menu. However, for enhanced accessibility and user experience, I aim to display the chat option directly in the foot-bar menu alongside options like starting video or mic. This adjustment would streamline user interaction during mobile meetings.

Screenshot from 2024-03-05 12-08-35

Additional Details:

• Meeting SDK Platform: Zoom Web SDK
  • Meeting SDK Version: 2.18.2
  • Steps to Reproduce: Integrating Zoom Web SDK into a web platform, injecting scripts using HOC, initializing Zoom meeting using window.ZoomMtg.init and window.ZoomMtg.join.

Given that these are enhancement requests rather than issues, I believe detailed crash or device logs may not be necessary.

Thank you once again , I look forward to your guidance on implementing these customizations within the Zoom Web SDK.

@thakurabc777 ,

For this query, please see this helpful Developer Forum post:

Are you referring to the Client Web SDK ? If so, there is no built in way to customize the toolbar of the web SDK. However, for the native SDK, Andriod, and iOS, there is a customizable option.

Alternatively, there is the Video SDK which is completely customizable. Here is
our support documentation covering the differences between the Video SDK and Meeting SDK:

https://support.zoom.com/hc/en/article?id=zm_kb&sysparm_article=KB0064689

1 Like

@donte.zoom
I appreciate your guidance and support. Regarding the Default Audio Mode Selection customization, I have successfully implemented a workaround by programmatically clicking on the desired audio option without user interference. That is working fine for my current usecase.

Once again, thank you for your attention to these matters.

1 Like

You’re welcome, @thakurabc777!