Customizing Windows SDK

We are currently using Windows SDK (Jan 23, 2019) for our application. Under software control we launch zoom session, arrange windows, setup sharing, and pin desired video. It works well. One advantage of our current approach is that our users are familiar with using the Zoom client and all associated interfaces in case they need to make manual changes.

We would like to be able to show a custom picture-in-picture view of another video participant.

I’ve been studying the customized UI manager and I can see this is possible by creating a INormalVideoRenderElement in ICustomizedVideoContainer…

My understanding is that using the custom features requires we write the entire zoom client using custom UI. So if we switch to the custom UI, our users will be missing many features.

Is it possible to create customized video containers in the classic Windows SDK? I think not, but I want to confirm.

Thank you,

Bill

Hi Bill,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK. Regarding your question, “Is it possible to create customized video containers in the classic Windows SDK?”, it is not possible to do that.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks!