Default waiting UI not shown on iOS

Description
Using the Zoom iOS SDK, I am unable to get the default “waiting UI” to show in our app when joining before the host has started the meeting. I can see that the meeting state does switch to “WaitingForHost”, but nothing happens in the app. I can also see that the onJBHWaitingWithCmd delegate is invoked as expected (we don’t do anything in there, and we don’t do any UI customization). Once the host starts the meeting, the app does proceed with the meeting as expected.
Any idea why the waiting UI doesn’t show?
Note: our app is built in react native, so we also use the Zoom Android SDK; the same scenario (with the same meeting) does trigger the “Please wait for the host to start the meeting” UI on Android.

Any help is appreciated!

Which iOS Client SDK version?
Issue also reproduced with 5.5.12509.0401

• Device: iPhone 6S

Additional context

Hey @RisaltoSam,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

If you comment out the onJBHWaitingWithCmd delegate does the waiting room show up? Also, you are using the default Zoom UI correct?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael, thanks for the response!
Commenting out the delegate makes no difference (still can’t see the waiting UI). And yes, we do use the default Zoom UI.

Thanks,
Sam

Hey @RisaltoSam,

I see, can you try updating the the latest version of the SDK?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi Michael,
I’m currently using 5.5.12509.0401, which I believe is the latest version. I also experienced the issue with 5.0.244433.0616.

Hey @RisaltoSam,

Do you have the waiting room delegate implemented?
If so, can you share your code?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon,
Can you clarify what you mean by “waiting room delegate”? We implement the MobileRTCMeetingServiceDelegate, with the onJBHWaitingWithCmd method commented out.

Hey @RisaltoSam,

I mean MobileRTCWaitingRoomServiceDelegate, however that clears up that you are not using one :slight_smile:

It is possible that the reactnative wrapper may be causing issues here. Could you run the native sdk iOS sample app with the same meeting and see if the same issue occurs?

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon, thanks for the continued help. I tried the sample app and was able to see the waiting UI, which probably points to an issue with our implementation. Any suggestions as to what I could try next?

Thanks,
Sam

Hi @RisaltoSam,

Since you have only reproduced this issue in React Native, it will be difficult for us to support given that our mobile SDKs do not have explicit React Native support. If you were able to reproduce this in a native iOS app, it would allow us to investigate the cause of the behavior you are seeing.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.