Difference between meeting Id and meeting uuid

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
On create meeting API i receive an “id” and a “meeting_uuid” in the response. What is the difference between them ?? Because I was looking up the get meeting participants API and I came across this:
"The meeting ID or the meeting UUID. If a meeting ID is provided in the request instead of a UUID, the response will be for the latest meeting instance. "

So does that mean that a meeting ID will have different instances identified by the meeting uuid ?

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
** POST /users/{userId}/meetings**
** GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants **

Hi @TechA,

Great question, happy to clarify.

So does that mean that a meeting ID will have different instances identified by the meeting uuid ?

Yes—a Meeting will have it’s own ID, which encompasses the overarching meeting series. Each instance of a meeting will have it’s own, unique Meeting UUID. Once a meeting is held under a given meeting ID, the past instance of that meeting will have a unique UUID generated for that particular instance.

Generally, if you need to get information about a specific past meeting instance, you will want to query by UUID.

Let me know if this helps to clarify. :slight_smile:

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.