Disconnected after host clicks admit, reloads user id. Zoom WebSDK inside iframe

Description
Using Zoom WebSDk inside Iframe. Everything works good without waiting room. But when waiting room is turned on, then in the moment when admin accept the user the user instead of joining the call disconnects and tries again to connect with different id.

Error
After clicking admit by host I see such logs in the user side:
video_websocket_on_close
sharing_websocket_on_close
sharing_websocket_on_close
video_websocket_on_close
STOP_RENDER_VIDE
STOP_RENDER_VIDEO
// next logs are initializing everything from beginning

Looks like it disconnects from the call and starts again. Host after that is seeing second time the same user in the list. User Id is changing every time I repeat the procedure.

Which version?
1.7.10 . Bug existed in previous versions also.

Checked in few browsers:

• Chrome (newest)
  • Safari (newest)

Additional context
Password is not set
Cannot reproduce behavior on localhost. There everything works fine.
Works without iframe.

Looks like difference in the logs are that inside iframe there are additional two logs after websocket close:
STOP_RENDER_VIDE
STOP_RENDER_VIDEO

In version without iframe these two logs are not visible and everything works fine.

I think this issue is about the same thing:

This issue also partially describe the same problem:

Exactly the same issue in point 3:

About above issue conclusion that it was not meant to be iframe. My application is managed by Elm language and current websdk is doing many implicit changes in DOM and is hardly configurable in terms of styling. Having that in iframe is the best to make it manageable. I dont understand what can be wrong in having that in iframe. Everything works ouside of this waiting room.

Hey @maciej.sikora,

Unfortunately the Web SDK was not designed to be used within an iFrame and could have some issues.

To confirm, this issue does not happen when not using an iFrame?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy ,
yes tests show that the issue exists only when using iframe, when it is out of the iframe issue goes out. This is really unfortunate as current WebSDK is

• not prepared for embedding into existing page as it is aggressive in style and not configurable
  • not supported in the iframe

In other words WebSDK is prepared only for fullscreen mode and any other usage is technically not supported. So saying that it can be integrated to some webpage is overstatement, it really can’t. Can you share any insight when you plan to make version which can be somehow embedded without aggressive changing the page. Also IMO iframe is natural choice for such embedding soft, and it is working well for youtube or vimeo. Why not consider such? Looks like natural choice. There is really not many other use cases for putting SDK into some app than having it in some width and height (not saying there are none, but I bet it is rare).

Hey @maciej.sikora,

Please see my post here about best practices for where to put the Web SDK:

Appreciate your feedback, we will use it to work on future improvements. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.