Do not show taskbar when a new message is received from a participant

Hello, 

According to our requirement we do not want to show the taskbar of our app as we use the ZOOM sdk with sharing screen feature with our custom titleless toolbar window. 

We want an alternate solution from you guys or fix this in the ZOOM sdk to not show the taskbar thumbnail when new message is received. 

The Windows taskbar when the host receives a chat message, which is undesirable. It’s problematic because clicking the X in the taskbar Window thumbnail for the app causes a message to pop up (“End Meeting or Leave Meeting”) inviting the main host to assign another host for the meeting, which we definitely don’t want. The ideal outcome would be for the taskbar icon never to appear. If that’s not possible, an alternative solution would be for the app to close and the Zoom connections to be closed when the host clicks the X in the taskbar icon window thumbnail, rather than having the “End Meeting or Leave Meeting” dialogue pop up. 

Most desirable is for the app’s taskbar icon not to be triggered to appear when a Windows user receives a chat message. We would appreciate your help. We don’t want a taskbar icon for our screensharing app. Thanks.

hi,

now zoom sdk is follow zoom client’s behavior, so it is difficult to change this logic.

if you want to hide the icon on taskbar, you can remove the WS_EX_APPWINDOW style from our meeting windows. please have a try for this workaround. 

thanks

dats

and how can I remove “WS_EX_APPWINDOW” style? Can you please guide?

hi,

1. ZOOM_SDK_NAMESPACE.IMeetingUIController.GetMeetingUIWnd  to get our meeting windows handle

1. call system api  SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, new_style); to change windows ex-style

please have a try.

regards

dats

Hi Dats,

I am using c# SDK and I am getting handle of share toolbar (for which i want to hide the taskbar)

When I try to change the style for Zoom share toolbar using 

SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, WS_EX_NOACTIVATE) the default share window of zoom starts showing even if I have hidden it using zoom API. So the applying the above style does not work but rather it displays the zoom default share toolbar which is not desired at all.

If I use this: SetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_STYLE, WS_EX_NOACTIVATE); the default share toolbar does not display but the taskbar still does not get removed and it is still sitting there. 

Any advice on how can I completely remove the taskbar for this default share toolbar window of zoom and also keep it hidden it was before (hidden using API - setsharetoolbarvisibility(false)

Please help.

Thanks