Does the refresh_token stop working when we modify/resubmit our app?

I recently resubmitted our application for approval after changing the privacy details required by zoom and noticed the refresh_token no longer worked. Does this mean that everytime we make new changes to the app and resubmit them to the app store, all of the refresh tokens we collected from customers will be invalid? If so, is there a way around that?

Hi @mcbalto
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
This is a great question! if you made any scope changes to your application (add scopes or remove scopes) or if you added Webhooks to it, then this is expected, because users will need to reauthorized the app once its approved by the Marketplace team.

Hi elisa, we didn’t change the webhooks or change any scopes. the only change was that we had to “validate” the endpoints again because zoom changed the protocol to verify the endpoints and it was a requirement to re-submit the app. Would validating cause that?

Hi @mcbalto
Thanks for confirming this.
I can imagine that this was the issue, since it is a new workflow.
Let me ask around internally and will come back to you with an update

hi @elisa.zoom any updates? thanks

Hi @mcbalto
Sorry for the late reply here!
Because this was an improvement that we did to our webhook validation workflow, this could have been the reason why your refresh_token stopped working.

Every time a big change is made to an app (Scope or webhook change) the app needs to be reauthorized by the user to save the new version of the app.

I apologize if this was an inconvenience for you and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to support you
Best,
Elisa