OAuth Scopes update

___### Format Your New Topic as Follows:
API Endpoint(s) and/or Zoom API Event(s)
Link the API endpoint(s) and/orZoom API Event(s) you’re working with to help give context.

Description

Hello Zoom team, we would like to add new OAuth scope user_info:read to our OAuth app but would like to ask - if this anyhow enforces reauthorization for existing users. As OAuth is working - by default new OAuth scope should enforce only extension of connection for users requesting this scope. We have a module - a single one, for which we would like to add this scope only - imho only users of this module will be forced to extend/re-authorize their connection, but when i try to submit app for update (after adding this scope) - there is validation message stating that all users of this app will be forced to reauthorize their connections. Can you help us understand it? Thanks a lot

Error?
No Error

How To Reproduce
Add any new OAuth scope to existing/published OAuth app

Hello,

Please refer to this for all the answers related to your question

Regards, Kwaku

Hello Kwaku,

Sadly this article does not mention anything about OAuth scopes and necessary re-authorization if you adjust OAuth scopes for your app which is published to marketplace.

Hello,

If your App is Published, and you request an Update to add functionality like a new scope, your users will receive an email and will be required to update, it will not be forced initially but will eventually force the users to apply the new version of the integration.

Hello

does this apply also for integration platform like ours?
Our Zoom app - which is published is basically solely about OAuth connection so redirecting using to Make platform where they initiate the connection creation.
Our app is not installable in usual form of understanding - it is all about OAuth connection and i would need to know on behalf of our company if existing OAuth connection would be affected anyhow.

Thanks a lot

Hello,

I’m sorry could re-word this statement I do not understand what your trying to explain.

Regards, Kwaku

Our “app” = Make, is integration platform, like Zapier.
So you go to Make → select module from Zoom you want to use and initiate connection creation.
There is no real app installation → all is handled within Make and for us it is all about OAuth connection.

Let me know if the workflow is more clear - if needed i will record a screencast for you.

Hello,

Yes, we still need to go through the Update process, even with your app.

Regards, Kwaku