Don't call my app a "JWT app" please

Like many others, I’ve seen the deprecation warnings about “JWT apps” in Zoom’s announcements rolling into my inbox for months. My “app” is a fully automated system that interfaces with our custom CRM that creates Zoom meetings nightly, written entirely in PHP. It ran for years without hiccups.

Until yesterday, of course. Because contrary to what I thought that “JWT apps” are, Zoom was merely referring to the JWT authentication method for its API.

Why on earth are you calling this a “JWT app”, because the exchange of credentials goes through something called “JWT”?

So yes, I’ve lost a few hours updating the class that manages the API communication to OAuth. It wasn’t a lot of work, but I really don’t understand why you are calling this a “JWT app”, when it’s not.

And while we’re at it: the error message “Account does not enabled REST API” is not only cryptic, and far from proper English (sigh), it does not give any hints about the fact that JWT authentication is no longer supported.

If Zoom was an open source project, I’d be more lenient towards Zoom. But we pay serious money every month for our Business account with a bunch of extra licenses. Is it strange that I expect a more professional attitude?

Hi @BoringUsername
Thanks for reaching out to us and thank you for your feedback.
I totally understand what you mean and how this could have been confusing since the name/type of the app was JWT app type.

I will make sure to share your feedback with my team and please leet me know if you need any help while migrating your integration