Donwload big Zoom recordings

Description
Hi, I used the following code to download Zoom recordings (I’ve stored the zoom download URLs in a database previously and process these in a foreach collection):

$token=$this->zoomjwt->generateJWTKey();
$file_path = $video[‘download_url’].“?access_token=$token”;
$filename = $video[‘recording_id’]. ‘.’ . strtolower($video[‘file_type’]);
$destination = $topic_path .‘/’. $filename;

$fp = fopen ($destination, ‘w+b’);
$options = array(
CURLOPT_FILE => $fp,
CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION => true,
CURLOPT_URL => $file_path,
CURLOPT_FAILONERROR => true,
CURLOPT_SSL_VERIFYPEER => false,
CURLOPT_TIMEOUT => 7200,
CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPALIVE => 1,
CURLOPT_TCP_KEEPIDLE => 2,
);

$ch = curl_init();
curl_setopt_array($ch, $options);

$result = curl_exec($ch);
$status = 0;
if (!curl_errno($ch)) {
$info = curl_getinfo($ch);
$status = (int)$info[‘http_code’];
}
else {
echo curl_error($ch) .PHP_EOL;
}
curl_close($ch);
fclose($fp);

if($status == 200)
{
echo ‘------ Zoom Donwload OK (’.date(‘H:i:s’).') '.PHP_EOL;

}

Error
The code works nice with small/medium files. The problem is with big files, from 700MB to up the connection is unstable and I get different messages:

“openssl ssl_read ssl_error_syscall errno 10054”
“SSL: error:140770FC:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:unknown protocol”

What kind of errors are these? is it a problem with the apache config or a firewall? why with big files?

Do you know another method to download the files? (with php if it possible)? I’ve tried chunked the donwload (PHP: File downloader function - Downloading files in chunks. · GitHub), but always returns 0bytes… I think it happens for the url token.

I’d appreciate any information

Thanks

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/accounts/me/recordings

Hi @csotelo,
Thank you for reporting the issue and we are taking a look and will update you once more information is available on the matter. [Zoom-262423]

Best,
Donte

Hi @csotelo,
We did not see any issue on our end, and there was no record of the error message in our logs, 700MB is okay for our server. Based on the error message, it seems like the error may be caused by SSL configuration. Are you able to check your firewall configurations? Also, can you verify that the hostname is entered correctly or the hostname is tabled in your DNS. You can verify that with a “host” or “nslookup” command. Here is a link you might find helpful:

Please let me know if this helps.

Best,
Donte

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.