Electron demo app run

Description

1. I want to package zoom in an Electron app, do I need to rebuild the SDK from scratch (for it to be compatible with my version of electron)?
  2. Also, when running the demo app, I seem to be unable to pass beyond the JWT submission.

Which version?
Electron: v11.1.0
Node: v14.7.0
Zoom-SDK: v5.4.54528.1230

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Run demo script
  2. Press start demo (with params: { identifier: ‘’ / ‘me@domain.com’, domain: ‘https://www.zoom.us’ })
  3. Input JWT (obtain from app management console)
  4. Nothing happens.

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated!

Hey @karim,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Yes, to use your own version of electron with the SDK you will have to follow these steps:

1. Download the protobuf 3.4.0 source file and rename the src folder to protobuf_src.

2. Copy the src folder into the lib/node_add_on folder.

3. Run the build_nodeaddon script:

• on Windows, please run the build_noodeaddon_win_ia32.bat
  • on macOS, please run the build_nodeaddon_mac.sh

If you would like to use recent versions of protobuf(higher than 3.4.0), in addition to following the above steps, you must also do the following:

1. Download the execution file of the corresponding protobuf and add its directory into the system path.

2. In the terminal, navigate to the root directory of the Electron SDK(same level as the build_nodeaddon file).

3. Run protoc.exe —js_out=import_style=common.js,binary:. lib/electron_sdk_proto command in the terminal to generate an electron_sdk_pb.js file. After generating this file, you will be able to use the interfaces provided by the Electron SDK.

Normally, this is caused by an invalid JWT or invalid node/electron versions.
Verify you have used the exact payload here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/auth
Then verify your node version is v12.16.1 and your electron version is v8.2.4

Thanks!
Michael

Hi @Michael_Condon
I am using the following command in windows cmd but it is showing the error “lib/electron_sdk_proto: No such file or directory”
protoc.exe --js_out=import_style=common.js,binary:. lib/electron_sdk_proto

HI yea,
I ran into this problem I think it is a typo it should be electron_sdk.proto and not underscore proto
hope that fixes it for you

This command run but generated lot of js files at the root of the folder. But it is not generating the electron_sdk_pb.js file in lib folder… Why?