"Embed password in meeting link for one-click join" still requiring a manual password to enter the meeting

Description
To prepare for your upcoming new security requirements, we are updating our already scheduled meetings with a meeting password. We want to use the “Embed password in meeting link for one-click join” option so meeting participants don’t have to key in the meeting password.

We have turned on meeting passwords as well as Embed password in meeting link for one-click join for our account at the top level as well as for every user on the account. Today we tried our first meeting with a password. The join URL had the encrypted password embedded in it. However, our meeting participants were still required to manually key in a password to join the meeting.

Error
According to your documentation, if “Embed password in meeting link for one-click join” is activated and the password is embedded in the join URL, then meeting participants do not have to key in the password manually.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/(meeting id)

What am I doing wrong?
I appreciate any help you can provide me. I need to make sure our meeting participants don’t have to key in a password to join meetings.

Hey @mschnarz,

Strange. Can you email an affected join_url to developersupport@zoom.us so we can take a look?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hello Tommy,

Thank you for getting back to me. I actually figured out the problem and got it to work. We were adding uname to the end of the URL, which must have interfered with the embedded password.

Thanks,
Marion

1 Like

Hey @mschnarz,

Happy to hear you figured out the issue! :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing the solution too!

-Tommy