Embedding zoom web sdk using oauth based app

Hey @dharminder,

We are working on making the Web SDK function like the Client SDKs, where you can use OAuth to get a user token and start meetings on their behalf using the SDKs. (CS-2206)

Currently the Web SDK an only start meetings owned by the same account as the JWT App.

Thanks,
Tommy

Any update on this? I am running into the same problem and am hoping for a solution as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hey @m.warble,

We are working on this, but we currently do not have a timeline to share. I will keep you updated. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

We’re also blocked by this issue.
Our app is in review for publishing, and only now (after implementing the Web SDK, JWT and oAuth) we’ve realised that our users won’t be able to use Zoom in our application…
Would be great if we could have at least some rough estimate regarding the timeline.

Thanks,
Tal

1 Like

So I’ve run into another issue related to this problem. Because I cannot get my app to pass the publication review due to this problem, I’ve been using a test URL to give my customers access using a workaround. But now the test URL has expired and my customers have lost access to the feature I already released. I realize you guys are probably just swamped given the explosion of usage of your product due to the pandemic, but this process you have in place is really working against your customers. There seem to be a lot of unnecessary obstacles in the way just to give my customers access to your product through my product.

Can you at least extend the test URL expiration period?

Thanks.

Hey @m.warble, @tal2005,

We are working on allowing OAuth apps to be used to start meetings on users behalf with the Web SDK. Checkout this thread:

That being said, we do not have a timeline set in stone, so I suggest using the start_url instead which will open the Zoom app and start the meeting.

@m.warble, in the meantime, feel free to request a new publishable url. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy. My publishable URL expired, which broke my application and thus is preventing my users from using this feature, which they started to depend on to do their jobs, I requested that it be re-issued and that request was denied stating the bug would be fixed in December. I realize I have no leverage here, but this is really unacceptable. Why are you guys deliberately working against your customers? Providing me with a publishable URL until this bug is fixed is an acceptable workaround and benefits everyone. I don’t understand. My customers are teachers and they’ve changed their process to use my application to simplify their remote teaching tasks. Now they’re going to have change their process again until this problem is fixed. It shouldn’t have to be this difficult. I’m sure I’m not the only service provider affected by this. Can I just get my publishable URL request approved so I can provide service to my customers without further interruption?

Hey @m.warble,

Let me expedite this to our App Review team to see what we can do. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @m.warble,

We have approved your App Publishable request! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

Thank you. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Happy to help! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@tommy Are there any updates on the timeline for allowing users to start a meeting on the WebSDK using Oauth?

Hey @connect1,

No timeline to share yet, but once there is, we will post it here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy. Just want to verify, is the fix for CS-2206 in 1.8.5? I didn’t see anything specifically about this fix in the change log. If it is, what do we need to do to get things to work? Thanks,

Hey @m.warble,

This fix was not released in 1.8.5. It will be included in a future release. Stay tuned here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy. My publishable URL has expired again. I’ve submitted a request to renew it, but I have the feeling it will be denied again and I’ll have to re-explain my situation to someone else. If you don’t mind, could you help in expediting the renewal of my publishable URL? My users are receiving errors again due to the expiration of the URL. Thanks.

So my request to renew my publishable URL was rejected as I expected.

Hey @m.warble,

For future requests relating to your Publishable URL, please post here: #marketplace-apps so we can track and support you better. :slight_smile:

I will ask the team for the status of your Publishable URL.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @m.warble,

Please resubmit your Publishable URL request. That being said, if you would like to discuss alternatives in the meantime about how to be unblocked by feature (CS-2206) please let me know and I will send you a meeting invite.

Thanks,
Tommy

I have re-submitted my request for a publishable URL. If this URL can be made not to expire until CS-2206 is fixed, I don’t really need another workaround.