This ticket is a follow up on my previous ticket Error message "Not support registration webinar" opened before the V1.8.0 was released. First let me thank you for your work on the web registration but we have some issues with the Webinar registration mechanism. Michael, you said “our WebSDK now supports Registered Webinars” in my previous ticket but the flow seems not to be working well for us.
Basically, we create webinar (with registration enabled and the option to manually approve registrants), we register and approve participants using the Zoom API, and when we try to join the webinar, the endpoint https://zoom.us/api/v1/wc/info returns the error message: “Not allow to start webinar from web.”, which is weird because the webinar is started and ongoing in my Zoom client.
- Are we doing something wrong?
- Is this flow supposed to be working ?
- How is it supposed to work?
https://zoom.us/api/v1/wc/info returns the error message: “Not allow to start webinar from web.”
- We are using the WebSDK v1.8.0, I checked the packages, the CDN links and the URL parameter “cv=1.8.0” seems to be ok
- Webinar is started in the zoom client, not the browser
- User is register to the webinar and approved
- meetingNumber, userName, signature, apiKey, userEmail seems to be OK
To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- Create a webinar with registration enabled and the option to manually approve registrants
- Register a participant using the Zoom API using https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarregistrantcreate
- Approve this registrant using the zoom API using https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/webinars/webinarregistrantstatus
- Generate a signature for this person/webinar
- Report all values in https://github.com/zoom/websdk-sample-angular
- Run the project and click on the “Join meeting” button
–> an error message in the popup display “Not allow to start webinar from web.”
- People not registered should not be able to join the webinar and a form to register should be displayed to the user
- For people registered and approved, the registration mechanism should be transparent and the user should join directly the webinar.
We are expecting exactly the same behavior for the futur meeting registration.
Thanks in advance for your answer and have a good day!