Error when using WebSDK via CDN. Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting

Having the same issue and getting this error sporadically and randomly, and sometimes you do get into the meeting after several attempts but it takes several seconds to load.

You get the Joining dialogue, but then almost instantly get flashed the connection timed out message.

When I logged off Friday, this was all working and I log in today and it isn’t, so I’m pretty sure we hadn’t changed anything.

FYI - i noticed using the sample app that if you don’t paste the meeting number in as a number (no spaces or other characters, it doesn’t connect. So you must sanitize the meeting number first.

2 Likes

I don’t think that specifically is our issue as this was consistently working Friday and today it only sporadically connects. :frowning:

Hey @razvan.iacoob,

You need to use JWT API Key and Secret, not the API key and secret listed here.

Hey @sales1, @Evanatzend, @assistenza,

See the solution to @razvan.iacoob issue which could be different from yours. If it is different from yours, please create a new topic:

Thanks,
Tommy

No, this was working for us, then spontaneously stopped. Then it started working again. We’re still scratching our heads as none of this has changed. We’re leaning toward some kind of issue with the SDK.

If it starts happening again, I’ll create a new topic. But whatever was wrong appears to have gone away on it’s own.

@razvan.iacoob @sales1 @Evanatzend @assistenza

A workaround would be to

1. Upgrade your account to Pro account,
  2. Make sure the meeting ID you use still exist and remove the dashes.
  3. Do not use your PMI number if you want attendees to join before the host. The host must start the meeting before attendees can join using PMI meetings.
  4. You can test with this meeting -

Sorry but… I just don’t get it. I have a Pro account and I tried again with the Integration Authentication
details found in my zoom settings, ut I still get the same error.

key: gYsMm7ENSnyn8to__xRp3Q
Secret: …

I don’t see why I need to use a JWT API Key and Secret if I want to use the WebSDK via CDN. I will also try and create that app and use the credentials from there but I think that’s what I did the first time. I want to make a way for my clients to just add their details from their Zoom settings, Integration Authentication in my app and be able to use zoom embedded in my website. Is that possible? What exactly am I missing here?

The example I’m testing on is found here:

Almost identical with the one found on github.

Please help me understand how this works.
Thank you!

Hey @razvan.iacoob,

The Web SDK (CDN and Local versions) expects and requires the JWT App Key and Secret. It will never ever work with the Integration Authentication Key and Secret you see in your Zoom settings.

The Web SDK only supports starting meetings that you own, but you can also join meetings you do and do not own.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thank you!
The problem is that I’ve tried even with the JWT App Key and Secret and I still get the same error. I tried starting a meeting that I own.

any updates from zoom on this one, as I mentioned in another thread, right now the sdk only works if the webinar and meetings are from the same account as the JWT, which is weird, as the sdk should be able to display webinars and meetings created from all accounts, given they have the password provided there.
we are reverting to use the web client until got this resolved.

I saw replies from another thread regarding using PRO accounts, for pro accounts yes it works for meetings but NOT for webinars, for webinars no matter what it still shows the connection time out if I try to view a webinar that is created with a different account than the JWT app account.

The error I got is the timeout error: Your connection has timed out and you cannot join the meeting

Hey @razvan.iacoob,

Please private message me your Web SDK signature so I can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @developer-whova,

The Web SDK supports starting meetings you own, or joining meetings or webinars you do or do not own.

Please private message me your Web SDK signature so I can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the followup @tommy we solved it by adding the - 30000 on our signature generation code and using a PRO account.

We hope that in the future this is more clear in the documentation, also if I may ask what does the -30000 needed? We are using the python 2 example for generating the signature

Hey @developer-whova,

Happy to hear you figured it out! :slight_smile:

The -30000 is needed to give a more graceful time comparison for any slow connections.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi, i’ve the same error with web sdk
I’ve created an app in marketplace with JWT Auth and i can list and create the meeting using JWT and work very well!
When i try to use the websdk for the meeting join: Connections timeout

Version: 1.7.7
Auth: JWT

My script:
ZoomMtg.init({
leaveUrl: window.location.origin,
success: function () {
ZoomMtg.join(
{
meetingNumber: Model.id, //the meeting ID (int)
userName: ‘User.Identity.Name’, //logged username
signature: ‘Model.Token’, // generated token
apiKey: ‘Model.ApiKey’, // the apiKey
passWord: ‘Model.password’ //the meeting password

Regards,
Dans

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

I am getting same issue while joining webinar meeting. If I use 282087379 meeting and it is working fine.

Hey @ravikumar,

Make sure to add the userEmail to join a webinar.

Thanks,
tommy

Hey @dans,

Please send your Web SDK Signature to developersupport@zoom.us so we can debug.

Thanks,
Tommy