Expel, mute, putOnHold in Web SDK

I am currently using 1.7.5 web SDK. I want to create a list of users who are currently in the meeting. I want to have to ability to kick a attendee out of the meeting, mute them or put them on hold. I see there are functionalities for it. I am confused as to which userId I should use while calling those functions in Web SDK.

I obtained ‘id’ by using https://api.zoom.us/v2/users API for the attendees you have joined the meeting but that doesn’t work. Can someone guide me which userId I should be using and how to obtain that?

Hey @greg.stanford,

You will need to use the participant IDs listed from the getAttendeeslist Web SDK function, or the getCurrentUser function.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

I was able to get the userId and perform all the above actions successfully. When I put the user on hold. Is there a way to determine the status of the user (whether he/she is put on hold)?

EDIT: After you remove a user from the meeting using expel user. Is there a way to refresh/update the meeting GUI?

Meeting GUI is frozen for the user which was expelled from the meeting.

Hey @greg.stanford,

Glad you are able to get the actions working! :slight_smile:

It should be returned from the getCurrentUser and getAttendeeslist functions.

We will look into this. I’d imagine they should be redirected to the leaveUrl.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @greg.stanford,

I am also trying to implement the above functionalities as mentioned in question.

I tried the suggested solution but these functions are not working. They are returning “undefined”. I have called these functions after join success callback.

Please suggest how should I use them so that they work as expected.

Zoom SDK version is: 1.7.7
Browser: Google Chrome, Version 81.0.4044.129 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks

Okay, I figured out, anyway thanks!

1 Like

Happy to hear you figured it out! :slight_smile:

Let us know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
Tommy