Fail to join the meeting, No permission

@tommy I have already shared requestId while posting a question in the forum. You can filter mails using that id and get signature.

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thank you, I missed that in your original post. :slight_smile:

I still need more information since it does not look like you are the owner of the JWT App for the Web SDK. Can you please share the account # of the account who owns the JWT App here, or on the ticket 8629750.

-Tommy

Hey @princebala19,

Can you please provide steps to reproduce the issue, as well as your Web SDK signature for a test meeting with the issue, and the version of the Web SDK you are using?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I have sent account info which was used to create JWP app for web SDK with ticket 8629750. Can you please check and let me know the exact cause of this issue?

Hey @acceluser8866,

We did not receive your email with the account info. Can you please send it again to developersupport@zoom.us?

Thanks,
Tommy

@tommy I have sent it again to developersupport+id8629750@zoomus.zendesk.com and developersupport@zoom.us.

1 Like

Thanks @acceluser8866, but can you send via a new email to just developersupport@zoom.us, and then share the ticket number here please?

Apologies for the trouble, but for some reason we are not seeing your follow up to 8629750.

-Tommy

@tommy I have sent it again on developersupport@zoom.us, the ticket number is 9002886

Thanks @acceluser8866,

We are investigating now.

-Tommy

Hello Tommy,

We are also facing this issue from last 4 days, our request id is 9031347. We have not received any helpful reply yet.

Hey @namrata,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue as well. Thank you for proactively making a ticket in regard to this issue. I can see that one of our team members has taken ownership and is actively looking into the matter. They’ll update you as soon as they have the next steps.

Thanks,
Max

@tommy Thanks for your reply in Email. I am using a developer account for JWT app token and you feel there is no issue with that account. Zoom also recommends using a PRO or a higher account for creating JWT app token and we can use it but there is definitely some issue and I feel it’s related to the number of users who joined using web SDK. I do see that it’s an issue with PRO accounts to Rate limits on joining meetings/webinars? so I feel that upgrading to PRO may not solve this issue. If you can provide me with the maximum number of attendees who can Join from the developer account and PRO account then it will be really helpful (If there is more bandwidth in PRO account we will definitely upgrade to PRO). I have also analyzed this issue further and below are the outcomes of it

1. I was getting No permission. error in the ongoing webinar before few days. I was successfully able to join other concurrent meeting hosted by different Zoom account which was using JWT app so the limit was not in applied on application account which was used to create JWT app tokens
  2. I was able to join in same webinar using a different JWT app token (I was only attendee using this other platform account and in main account there were many attendees so it was blocking all new users with No permission. error)

The overall outcome of the above two points is there are limits based on the account being used for creating JWT app token and the number of attendees in the webinar. I would like to know those limits in the developer account and PRO account. Can you please suggest solutions to prevent this issue?

Happy to help!

I will continue replying in the email chain. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@tommy Any update? I got your reply in an email on 22 December 2020 that your Web SDK engineering team is investigating this issue but haven’t heard back about the cause.

Hey @acceluser8866,

I just provided an update to you over the email thread. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the update @tommy. Can you please brief me on the cause of this issue? I feel that it’s dependent on the number of users joined using web SDK but I would like to know the exact number of attendees who can join without any issue in meeting/webinar (Created using Zoom PRO acount) using web SDK.

Hey @acceluser8866 ,

Let’s try to keep the conversation in one place. :slight_smile: I have replied to you via the email thread.

Thanks,
Tommy

I would like to know this reason as well. Sharing it with the public is crucial! I run into an error after error just to test out your integration. The issue I am running into is this error…

{method: “join”, status: false, result: “No permission.”, errorMessage: undefined, errorCode: 1}

I have tried switching emails, still no luck. I deployed the backend application from your docs via the heroku deploy button.

Signature generated is…

Hey @grayson.mcmurry23 ,

You are passing in 1234567890 as the meeting number to your signature. Please try passing in a real, existing Zoom Meeting. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.