Failed to initialize Zoom SDK error Android

Description
Hi, I created your “Sample” app from the official Zoom SDK for Android, I also used JWT from https://jwt.io/ with my SDK KEY and SDK Secret. When I debugged the app into my Android device it’s giving me error “Failed to initialize Zoom SDK, error code 5, internalErrorCode 124”. Please help

Which Android Client SDK version?
v5.5.1.1317

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 9

Additional context
Add any other context about the problem here.

• List item

Hi @soumoghosh37,

Welcome to the community!

Please could you double check that your device date/time is correct, and that your server time (where the JWT is generated) is also correct.

Could you take a look and verify that the JWT is being generated correctly? If possible, please enter it at jwt.io and paste a screenshot here showing the results? (Be sure to redact your API credentials).

You can also try creating a JWT token on the Zoom App Marketplace and see if it works in your app. If it does, then it’s an issue with your JWT creation code.

I hope this helps!
Alex

1 Like

Hi @soumoghosh37, thanks for using the dev forum.

Thank you again @alexmayo for helping out!

In addition to the above suggestions, please ensure that the key/secret values being used are SDK credentials (the app type in Marketplace will be listed as SDK). Once you have posted the JWT you are using (with your credentials redacted as mentioned above), we will be able to look into this further.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @alexmayo @jon.zoom

This is the screenshot

@alexmayo I had previously made a JWT app and used the JWT token provided there, but it was giving me wrong JWT error.

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

hi @soumoghosh37,

I notice that your tokenExp is over a year in length.
Can you please try making it expire in an hour, rather than a year?

Other than that, the JWT token seems OK. Can you confirm the key/secret values being used are SDK credentials as Jon mentioned above?

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Hi @soumoghosh37,

I agree with @alexmayo’s suggestion that there may be issues with setting the expiration time that far out. Please let us know if it works after changing that value.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @alexmayo @jon.zoom

I tried by reducing the tokenExp to one hour, but it is still giving the same error on running.

And yes, I can confirm that the correct SDK key is being used.

Hi @soumoghosh37,

Thanks for giving that a try. I don’t see the SDK key field in that screenshot, can you confirm that it’s there but redacted? If so, can you please provide the SDK logs so that we can investigate this further?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @jon.zoom,

Yes I can confirm the SDK Key was there, I just used white color to cover it.
Can you please tell how to generate SDK logs?

Thanks!

Hi @soumoghosh37,

Thanks for confirming. The logs can be found under sdcard/Android/data/${YOUR_PACKAGE_NAME}/logs. The SDK logs should be an encrypted file. Once you have located the logs, please send them over to developersupport@zoom.us.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.