Failed to join meeting: 'JOIN_MEETING_FAILED'

I’m getting a “Failed to join meeting” error. I’m not sure what the problem is exactly, whether it is a key problem or an incorrect field. I’ve followed the code provided on Github.

Here is the signature returned from the backend (code from the zoom github : meetingsdk-auth-endpoint-sample:

eyJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiIsInR5cCI6IkpXVCJ9.eyJhcHBLZXkiOiJWazNra181RVRLbXdoT2R2WU53UVEiLCJzZGtLZXkiOiJWazNra181RVRLbXdoT2R2WU53UVEiLCJtbiI6IjgyNTkyMTM2NTk0Iiwicm9sZSI6MCwiaWF0IjoxNzIwMDU5NDkwLCJleHAiOjE3MjAwNjY2OTAsInRva2VuRXhwIjoxNzIwMDY2NjkwfQ.WcxiogfTofuFQF0Q4vA_KqMAk2pPs7uH99iwGa7lqSc

PS: I would have embedded images and a link but it won’t let me

I am running Firefox.
Let me know if you need additional info

@mahthaki ,

Are you using General Apps on marketplace.zoom.us?

Do make sure that you have turned on meeting sdk functionality. This is a toggle button.

I do have it toggled on.
I have not downloaded the SDK, I’m not really what it’s needed for, nor was it mentionned in the github repos I looked at.
And if I do have to download it, is it available in the linux package managers?

PS: I’d like to post a screenshot of my code but it won’t let me, any idea why ?

@mahthaki you can share a link to the screenshot here.

For Linux, there is no RPM packages, you will need to download and cmake it on a Linux / WSL machine

@mahthaki Hope you will be fine.

Please first verify that you have valid client id, secret and enabled embed.

Then if still issue please follow here

Still any issues please reply here.

Thanks

Hi,

My client ID and secret are valid. I’m using react and that video is now 2 years old and seems to be outdated (it uses SDK ID and SDK secret which don’t exist anymore), I’m not sure if the rest is up to date or not.

I followed the following code samples: