FC Web SDK and App Integrations

Hi there,

I’m using FCWSDK to create a video experience where I customize the zoom video UI. For instance, I’d like to allow a form to be overlayed on top of the video. I assume to accomplish this I need to bring the zoom users into my own webapp/environment?

IF that assumption is true, I have a concern that the users of my integration will already have their native zoom environment set up as they like it; for instance, they may have some chatbots and some productivity apps installed they like to use. Is this SDK integrated with events from other apps? So could my users in theory use the chatbot apps and productivity apps they have already installed in their native Zoom environment?

Thanks

Hey @wunksert,

That is a good question. The Fully Customizable SDK is completely different and seperate from the Zoom App and functionality. Checkout my explanation here:

Let me know if that clears things up, or if you have additional questions. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy, so we should think of the FCWSDK as essentially an ‘operating system’ for video/audio; from an end user perspective Zoom isn’t involved anywhere.

I don’t really want the user to have to leave their Zoom environment if they’ve already set it up with a suite of apps (that they likely pay for). Is it possible to create a public app with this web form overlayed on top of native Zoom video using the regular Web SDK? It seems like if I did that, then I wouldn’t be able to make my app public because it uses JWT, which by my understanding only works for building custom one-off integrations.

Is all that correct? What would you advise?

Thanks!

Hey @wunksert,

Correct!

Yes, checkout our new “Zoom Apps” product:

Thanks,
Tommy

Amazing, this is huge!!

One final (maybe silly) question - is there any difference between Zoom Apps and the apps currently hosted on the app marketplace? I suppose the Zoom App would need some kind of additional UI to be embedded in the Zoom client, but other than that?

You do a great job on these forums, thank you!

1 Like

Hey @wunksert,

Yes, good question! “Marketplace Apps” are different than “Zoom Apps”.

Marketplace Apps use the Zoom APIs, typically for Pre and Post meeting operations, and Zoom Apps allow you to put your own application directly into the Zoom Client for in meeting / webinar usage. :slight_smile:

Does that make sense? Thank you for the compliment!

-Tommy

Sorry for bump this topic, but I have a similar problem. I do not use zoom for corporate or educational purposes, only for personal purposes. Recently, I decided to show my friends how to download and install Cold War hacks, which I recently purchased, but they constantly had some strange problems ranging from problems with sound to problems with scaling. I found how to solve problems with sound, but I do not know how to solve the problem of swapping. I used a forum search to find the most recent topic that says this, which is why I’m here. Have any of you encountered a similar problem? Maybe there is some general solution? (I don’t know if this is important, but I want to note that I’m not showing the entire screen, but only the application window. There is no sound when the entire screen is displayed)

Hey @christianjacksonpkp0 ,

Please create a new thread here: #fully-customizable-web-sdk and fill out the post template so we have enough info to help! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy