SDK UE4 integrations

Hi All, we are going to start working in a Zoom Unreal Engine 4 integration and we would like to know a couple of things before starting:

1. We would like to have access on Windows to the video and audio streams, is this on the roadmap for the Customizable SDK? (Currently only available for android and web)
  2. There doesn’t seem to exist an SDK for controlling a screen that is being shared or making annotations, is this on the roadmap?
  3. Are you planning to merge the customizable SDK with the Windows Client SDK?
  4. Is there access to Zoom settings on either the customizable or the client SDK?
  5. Can client SDK and customizable SDK be used together?

Any help is helpful,

Thanks!

Mauricio Espin

1 Like

Hey @mauricioespin,

Happy to help! I think this comparison here will answer most of your questions:

Let me know if it does not address one of your questions and I will reply back! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy, thanks for your answer!

We checked that link but would like to know if there is a way to merge Both SDK in one solution?

And how work the license of the Fully Customizable SDK?

Thanks!

Mauricio Espin

1 Like

Hey @mauricioespin,

There is not a way to merge both SDKs into one solution.

Feel free to add this as a feature request here: #feature-requests

We will be releasing additional pricing info soon.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi Tommy. What’s not clear is what capabilities that can be used by users on the Fully Customizable SDK on Android, won’t be usable by users on Client SDK on Windows. All we are trying to understand is if in the end, from an end user perspective - everyone gets video/audio/screen share the same way whether they’re on Customizable or Client. Or should we know up front that Client will be deprived of the ability to interact on certain parameters?

For example, in your comparison chart it shows that Client SDK users have no access to raw video/audio data. Whereas here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/custom/introduction seems to contradict the above comparison: “As with our Client SDKs, Fully Customizable SDKs allow screen-sharing from devices, in-session chat messages, and high-quality video and audio streams similar to Zoom’s core capabilities.”

1 Like

Hey @oferbaharav,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. The key difference between the Fully Customizable SDK and the existing Client SDKs is that the Fully Customizable SDK allows you to access and manipulate the video and audio data directly but it doesn’t have a concept of meetings, webinars, recordings, etc. This means that you won’t be able to use existing Client SDK implementations with the new Fully Customizable SDK. The intention is that you would use either a Client SDK or the Fully Customizable SDK but not both.

Whereas here: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/custom/introduction seems to contradict the above comparison: “As with our Client SDKs, Fully Customizable SDKs allow screen-sharing from devices, in-session chat messages, and high-quality video and audio streams similar to Zoom’s core capabilities.”

What this is saying is that while the Fully Customizable SDK doesn’t have some of the features of the Web SDK (those would need to be implemented by your team) it does include some of the best features from Zoom such as screen sharing and chat.

I hope that clears things up! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.