Feature Request : Accessing LTI data using the REST API

Our organization uses the LTI (D2L) integration which organizes and only displays meetings and recordings for a specific course. However, when the organizer of those meetings uses the zoom portal (and not the LMS), that organization is lost, displaying a full (uncategorized) listing of meetings / recordings.

We would like to use the GET /users/{userId}/recordings API to pull and list all the recordings for a specific user, but display the results FILTERED or GROUPED by the course they are associated with through the LTI integration. The display and Filter/grouping could be managed on our end if we could get the associated course data.

Reviewing the API documentation, and asking in the API and Webhooks forum, it doesn’t seem this is currently possible as the the LTI integration details are not passed.

I would like to request that pulling Meeting and Recording information for a an item used with the LTI integration, that the Course ID / details also be be included when as appropriate. Ideally a course title would be included, but if just a course identifier was presented, at the very least additional LMS specific APIs could be made to discover that information. The ability to limit requests by the LTI course ID would also be ideal.

I

4 Likes

I agree with RichC.
In my organization for example, we have two Moodle platform integrated with Zoom and Kaltura and it would be great if we could automate the process of transferring recordings from Zoom cloud to Kaltura and put them in the right category.
Up to date, achiving this means to rely on meeting topic field only. So we miss domain name information and context/course id.
It would be great if we could retrieve the list of all meetings associated with Moodle courses displaying the following information:
{
“meetingId”: “0123456789”,
“contextId”: “sjaldjfjdkdlsj”,
“courseId”: “Sample CourseID”,
“domain”: “https://somelmsdomain.com”
}
I wish this simple implementation to be available very soon.

Please developers,
can you take this feature request into consideration?
It’s very important to have as it can permit new kinds of automation.
Or, if an implementation already exist, let us know.
Best Regards