Recording API - Identifying Moodle Course

Description
We use lti pro in moodle
And the meetings and recordings are done from the moodle courses.

Is there any way to know, when I download the recordings using the API to identify from which course in Moodle, the meeting was held?
Otherwise we will have a very hard time cataloging all the recordings …

thanks!!!

Hey @zuriely,

You can match them via the Meeting name (topic).

Thanks,
Tommy

In most cases, the lecturers did not give a significant name, so it will be difficult to identify and this is a very large amount of recordings …

Is there any way to identify the course through the LTI pro?

thanks,

Hey @zuriely,

Have you tried matching them with the meetingID or meetingUUID?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
I want to build an automated process to catalog all the recordings of our university lecturers. The problem with ZOOM’s API is that there is no reference to the course in which the lecture was recorded. Only in LTI there is such a field that I have no idea how I get it in such an automated process.

thanks,
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

Thanks for the additional details. I have asked our engineers of the LTI Moodle integration if there is a good way to do this. I will get back to you shortly. (ZOOM-184137)

-Tommy

Hey @zuriely,

Perhaps you can make use of the meeting tracking IDs. For example:

1. When creating a meeting in LTI Pro, assign a tracking field to be set for the meeting so that a course ID can be set as the tracking field value
  2. When app gets notification of a completed recording it can get the corresponding meeting ID
  3. The app queries that meeting ID to find the tracking ID value which has the course ID

Will something like this work?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

1. Can I schedule a meeting using Lti Pro by API or only manually?
  2. Each lecturer will have to manually type in the course number?
  3. What about courses that have been recorded in the past?
  4. I saw that there is a field called ״context id״ in lti pro DB Can you reveal it?

We have 3600 zoom users with 15TB of the recordings. It is important for me to find a simple and automatic solution that I can adopt.

thanks for the help
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

Please see this thread:

For additional questions about the Moodle App, please reach out to the Moodle team since they built the app: https://zoomsupport.cosocloud.com/dashboard

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy,

1. This will be a new field in the create meeting api ?
  2. When is it supposed to be released?

Thanks,
Jacob.

Hey @zuriely,

We will release documentation about this feature once it is released.

It is currently scheduled to be released at the end of this month (August).

Thanks,
Tommy

This topic was automatically closed 10 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.