Feature Request: Chat Notifications when Zoom App Window or Chat is actively selected

Please allow for more granular control of Team Chat notifications. Specifically, to allow sound notifications even when you have the Zoom Chat window open. The vast majority of our users have complained about missing time sensitive chats due to always leaving the Zoom app maximized thanks to having multiple monitors. When the window happens to be the active app window in chat, or even sometimes when it is just open and not active, Zoom does not give you the sound notification when a chat is sent to you. This type of behavior seems very counterintuitive as most if not all other chat apps and phone messaging apps still play a sound for you even when you are actively participating in a chat. It is just what users have come to expect. Please at least give us a checkbox to allow sound notifications all the time regardless of window state or what chat is currently selected.

1 Like

Yes please, where do I sign the petition for this feature. It’s really difficult to work expecting a response from someone then you realize they replied 5 minutes ago because you heard nothing back. Additionally when you are on your mobile device it notifies on every message when the chat is active. Of any place I may not need that function is on my phone with the app open while I’m looking at it. But it notifies there, why not on the desktop app. This really needs to be added.

1 Like