Field occurrence_id is not present in the upcoming meetings list

Description
I am using the get meetings API to retrieve a list of upcoming scheduled meetings, I am showing the results to my users, then the user selects one upcoming meeting from the list and proceed to register (using the add registrant API).

Error
The get meetings API returns a list of meetings objects but the occurrence_id field is not present in the object, this makes it hard to add a registrant since the occurrence_id field is necessary in the add registrand API.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetings

Additional context
My current solution is to call the get meeting API, the response has an occurrences object for that specific meeting, then I lookup the occurrence_id by matching the start_time of the occurrence selected by the user and the start_time in the occurrences objects.

My solution feels wrong… It needs an extra call and relies on a time property instead of an ID.
Is there another way to tackle this problem?

Appreciate any feedback.
Thanks!

Hi @armando.borge,

Thanks for reaching out about this, and welcome to our Developer Community.

In regards to retrieving the occurrence_id for a given recurring meeting, you’re currently taking the correct approach. This occurrence_id is currently only returned by the GET Meeting endpoint. You will need to query this endpoint based on the recurring meeting’s numeric Meeting ID to retrieve the list of occurrences via API.

Having said that, I can definitely appreciate how it would be helpful to return this information on our List Meetings endpoint as well. Although it’s not currently returned, I’d encourage you to submit a feature request for this here: #feature-requests

Thanks,
Will

Thanks @will.zoom
I’ll create a feature request.

1 Like

Thanks, @armando.borge! :100:

Here’s the feature request:

All the best

Thanks for submitting this! This will help our Product and Engineering team to inform future decisions. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.