Identifying past instances of reoccuring meetings

Hi,

I’m trying to pull a list of registrants for a past occurrence of a reoccurring meeting. I am using “https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/”+meetingID to retrieve occurrences and get their IDs, but this is only showing me occurrences in the future. How do I retrieve occurrence ids for past events?

Many thanks

Hey @john3,

You will need to call the GET /past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances endpoint to get MeetingUUIDs, and then call any of the following participant endpoints:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy
I’ve just gone through this and it looks like this gets me details of the participants, not the registrants. I see how to get the UUID for a meeting instance in the past, but the List Registrants end point requires an occurenceID. I still can’t figure out how to find this for a past meeting.
Many thanks.

Ah - I’ve just figured it out by… reading the documentation properly :rofl:

I’d missed the show-previous-occurrences parameter on Get /meetings/{meetingID}

Many thanks,

1 Like

Glad it’s figured out @john3, let us know if you need any help :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, @john3 / @tommy

I am fighting with the same thing for the last couple hours, and I still can’t see how you can match meeting participants with the meeting registrants.

Ok, /meetings/:meetingId returns occurrence_id with the parameter (thanks to @tommy in my own thread about this), but there is no relation with (meetingID & occurrence_id) pair with the participant data returned by using meetingUuid.

This meeting has 6 occurrences and occurrence record has only the following fields - nothing related with meetingUuid:

"occurrences": [
    {
        "occurrence_id": "1595185200000",
        "start_time": "2020-07-19T19:00:00Z",
        "duration": 60,
        "status": "available"
    },

I use this occurrence_id to get the registrants for this occurrence. However, there is no occurrence_id parameter to be used with the list meeting participants endpoint. /metrics/meetings/:meetingId/participants.

How can we find the corresponding meeting instance (meetingUuid) for an occurrence? I simply want to compare Occurrence 1’s registrant data with the corresponding meeting instance’s participants.

@john3 - from you message, I can see that we are looking for the same thing, except you figured it out. Could you please help me to figure it out as well?

Thank you very much.

Hey @smozgur,

The way you connect a meeting occurrence (before it happens), with a meetingUUID (after it happens), is with the List Ended Meeting Instances endpoint.

Since the meetingID is the same between the two, you pass in the meetingID, and out comes the list of occurrences with the meetingUUID, which you can use to call the Participants Metrics and Reports endpoints.

Does that make sense?

(FYI the occurrence_id is not present in the List Ended Meeting Instances endpoint, but you can infer the occurrence with the start_time. A great improvement to this endpoint would be including the occurrence_id, do you agree?)

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the reply, @tommy.

Unfortunately no. I have no problem with getting the meeting instances for a meeting. However, the only way retrieving registrants for a recurring meeting is first getting the occurrence_ids (/meetings/:meetingId?show_previous_occurrences=true) and then calling the same endpoint with occurrence_id (/meetings/:meetingId?occurrence_id=1595185200000) - which is the timestamp of the occurrence’s original start_time. Then we are back at the disconnection between participants that could be retrieved through Metric / Reports.

Inferring wouldn’t work for database management in a database system which is supposed to be highly relational. I have sample meetings that occurrence start_time is saved as 17:00 but actually occurred 17:25 or later.

That’s what I was hoping there is one already! It is definitely a requirement, so I cannot be more agree on anything else.

Thanks again for your reply. I feel better now knowing that it was not my fault but it simply doesn’t exist.

Hey @smozgur,

I have added this as a feature request. (ZOOM-183303) I will keep you updated on its development!

Thanks,
Tommy