Finding your API Key/Secret Credentials in Marketplace

Hello Dev Community,

We have recently migrated the developer experience from our legacy site developer.zoom.us to our new developer platform marketplace.zoom.us. With the migration, we have migrated over your developer profile credentials OAuth (Client ID & Secret), JWT(API Key/Secret), SDK Key/Secret and Webhook credentials.

Finding your existing JWT API Key/Secret app in Marketplace

When you first log in to the marketplace, click on the Manage button. Afterwards, your existing app will be located in the Created Apps section. You will notice that each app type either OAuth , SDK , JWT or Webhook will be listed as an account level app. Your app name will be listed.

Creating your JWT App

If you don’t already have a JWT App, you can create a new JWT app to get access to your API Key/Secret.

1. First, log into marketplace.zoom.us,
  2. Go to the develop dropdown button right next to the manage button, then click Build App.
  3. On the Choose your app type page, click Create from within the JWT box:
  4. A modal will appear to name your app — name your app and proceed.
  5. On the next page, under Information, fill out a Company Name, Developer Name, and Developer Email.
  6. Once completed, your API Key and Secret will be generated automatically under the App Credentials tab:
  7. Additionally, you can generate a JWT token using our embedded tool — click on the View JWT Token dropdown to do so:

To learn how to generate a JWT [1] token programmatically.

1 - https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/jwt

Directions for setting the expiration time for a new token:
setting an expiration date further in the future for your JWT token? To do so, follow these steps:

1. Under “Expiration Time”, click Other

2. Then, in the white space that will appear below, enter a time and date in this format: 18:12 04/20/2021

3. As soon as you enter this new expiration, the token will update automatically/change dynamically within the gray space below. (You’ll notice if you were to toggle back and forth between 90 mins, 1 day, “Other”, etc., the token itself change slightly as you do so.)

4. That’s it—you do not need to hit continue or go to another page. Copying that token once you enter the desired expiration time generates that token immediately below. So you should copy it and paste it, because the next time you navigate back to the app, the token you see will default back to the 90 mins, and is a different token altogether.

Thanks Michael (Replying to remove from unanswered list.)

Hello Developer Community,

Thanks for all the details which help a lot but in my case, I am using the SDK app which gives me Error code 2 in “onMobileRTCAuthReturn” return value which is Key or secret is wrong. I already fill all the required details in that app and now my status converted from Draft to Activated even more I regenerated key and try again which shows the same error. I tried to create a whole new app and used that keys in my app which works fine.

Thanks in Advance.!

Hey @smit,

Can you please share a screenshot of the issue?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy,

Please check my screenshots where I used SDK keys in the zoom demo project and based on that the logs which where generate on Xcode.

Thanks.!

Hi,

With that, I am sending you a screenshot from where I got that SDK keys.

Thanks.!

Hey @smit,

Seeing that this is a SDK question, please post this in #mobile-sdk

Thanks,
Tommy