When creating a webinar, one can choose a template to use - both in the UI and also now via the API webinar create end point. However the implementation of the API’s code doesn’t seem to match that of the UI.
Specifically, when creating a webinar with a template via the API, some fields are not read from the template and therefore not carried across into the new created webinar:
- Panelists (when tested 30/Apr/21: set to Off in the template, gets wrongly changed to On in the created webinar)
- Approval (when tested 30/Apr/21: set to Manually Approve in the template, gets wrongly changed to Automatically Approve in the created webinar)
- Webinar Options
- “Automatically record webinar in the cloud” (when tested a few months ago, setting is ignored and drops to it’s default in the created webinar)
- “Allow anonymous questions” (when tested a few months ago, setting is ignored and drops to it’s default in the created webinar)
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
- Using a custom c# app with JWTConnection (i.e. api key and api secret)
How To Reproduce (If applicable)
- Using a zoom pro account:
- Create a webinar template and set as many options in the template as possible, save.
- Create a new webinar from that template in the website / user interface.
- Result: webinar has held the settings in the new created webinar
- Pull all templates in use from the template list end point
- Go to webinarcreate end point (see link above) and create a new webinar using template Id which references previously created template
Functionality matches that of the website - i.e. all the appropriate template field selected options have pulled through to the created webinar
Only some of the selected template options get set on the created webinar.