Gallery view automatically switch to speaker view after spotlighting someone

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
In the past (recent release) when I used spotlight, gallery view remained. That was very helpful. It was very easy to keep spotlighting people in order. Now every single spotlight forces speaker view.

Describe the solution you’d like
Bring back solution from recent release.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
Provide an option: or gallery view should be forced to quit when spotlighting or not.

Additional context
As a host when I am in gallery view I would like to spotlight users one by one in order to ‘introduce’ them. Not it is very difficult. When I spotlight somebody it becomes speaker view and it is very hard to find out who should be spotlighted next. Besides, I need to perform additional operation every single time (turn gallery view) - it costs time. Imagine 100 people to introduce / spotlight.

4 Likes

I’ll add my voice to this one too. We hold meetings with Q&A in sign language and don’t use a mic so spotlighting is manual and this really get’s the way. If the view would stay as it was in either mode that the user selected before spotlighting that would be perfect. It used to be like that.

2 Likes

This feature is highly needed. I use zoom with the dual monitor setting turned on and its frustrating every time you spotlight someone the Gallery view changes over to speaker view. This doesn’t make any sense as now I have 2 windows showing the Speaker View. Whats the point of the Dual Monitor setting if they are both showing the same thing? Need to be able to have Gallery View stick when using Dual Monitors.

2 Likes

I agree with you. This feature is definitely needed. I want to be able to spotlight individual meeting participants for my class without spotlighting them for myself and without switching to speaker view for myself.

Today, I was trying to spotlight several students in rapid succession so they could show their math whiteboard work to the class. Going back to gallery view between every one was tedious. It would have been much nicer to have been able to spotlight one person and then click replace spotlight on another immediately without the extra work of leaving speaker view.

Additionally, having my students’ screens automatically go back to their default (gallery view) after spotlighting has ended would be nice.

1 Like