Generate Signed Bundle: Errors while building Bundle file. 'other' has different root

I have search many times to solve this error. My apps going well when build with no signed but it getting error when build Signed Bundle/APK. I used zoom meeting android SDK in my project with module name mobilertc and commonlib. i have included multidex depedencies and try to delete .gradle file then invalidate/restart android, but it still get error like this :

Type a.a.a.a.a is defined multiple times: C:\Users\AndroidStudioProjects\android-zoomsdk\mobilertc\build.transforms\135bfa37c7ff11bc18f4ecf26c77ccbe\jetified-mobilertc-runtime\classes.dex, C:\Users\AndroidStudioProjects\android -zoomsdk\app\build\intermediates\external_libs_dex\developmentRelease\mergeExtDexDevelopmentRelease\classes.dex

I need to generate my Signed Bundle/APK that used to upload to play store. I really appreciate your answer. Thanks.

Hi @mptr.rkn,

Since this is only happening when building a signed bundle, it is likely being caused by ProGuard. Can you please try adding the below rules to your ProGuard config?

-keep class  us.zoom.**{*;}
-keep class  com.zipow.**{*;}
-keep class  us.zipow.**{*;}
-keep class  org.webrtc.**{*;}
-keep class  us.google.protobuf.**{*;}
-keep class  com.google.crypto.tink.**{*;}
-keep class  androidx.security.crypto.**{*;}

Thanks!

Thanks for the answer. after i added that code at ProGuard Config it still show same error.

how to resolve this problem??

Hi @mptr.rkn,

Can you please confirm how the SDK was added to your project? Also, what does the file structure of your project look like?

Thanks!

i added the module with this step on android studio ::
File → Import module → choose folder mobilertc and commonlib

for information i used zoom-sdk-android-5.9.6.4777.

and this is my project structure with Zoom SDK.

Thank You!

Hi @mptr.rkn,

Thanks for the additional context. Can you also share how the SDK is being integrated into your app’s build.gradle file?

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.